Guild Wars and sisters guilds

I strongly disagree with your view. Setting up a one troop defense in PVP does benefit all (trophy-wise), since you don’t have influence who is attacking you. However, this Guild War approach involves only two guilds. It’s a pure form of unsportsmanlike conduct towards other non-involved guilds.

15 Likes

Wow, I rarely open a thread, and from the mess that this has brought, I think that it’s better if I continue by not opening threads in the future :joy:

1 Like

its due to gw rewards,
pvp ranking rewards are not as important and as high on the top as the gw ranking rewards

therefore any cheating has much heavier benefits and so ppl want heavier consequences

yes please, id hate to use that cheat method :confused:

2 Likes

Maybe choose less contentious topics in the future? Like, say, politics, global warming, or boxers/briefs? (I wouldn’t worry too much about it. Yours was obviously a question that needed an answer, so I am glad to be having the discussion now instead of after four weeks of collusion.)

4 Likes

Wow, didn’t think someone would stoop so low as to attempt to fix a guild wars battle…

People betting on this game now too?

5 Likes

This is a perfectly logical thing to do, though we don’t do it, to be clear. However, as the rules don’t prohibit it, two guilds could benefit greatly from such a pact, as they would both score near or at 100% wins and thus both be elevated, and more likely to gain greater weekly rewards. From an objective game-theory point of view, it’s the most logical thing to do.

Stopping it would be pretty easy - they’d have to just incorporate loss stats into the overall guild score, so that “throwing the game” and getting 100% losses due to crappy defenses would cost a guild so much in points that it would outweigh the gain from making that kind of deal.

7 Likes

Wow, this is a new low. It’s not against the current rules, but… wow.

Hopefully the devs can add a rule that prevents this, and punish the guilds that does this. Let’s say… temporary GW ban the first time, longer GW ban the second time, and permanent GW ban the third time. It shouldn’t be that hard to find patterns.

Edit- the suggestion above is also good. It’s probably more realistic and less cost on dev resources, and way more easier to detect and punish.

4 Likes

People complained-rightfully- to have something more challenging and not as grindlike. Then some go on and do something like this …

A serious thumbs down from me.

2 Likes

They rightfully refused the offer. Seriously, Don, you should have known better than to try something like this.

It really makes you look sleazy.

8 Likes

Let’s get the whole top 10 to agree not to defend, we all lock in the best rewards (as we all rank 1 with the best score), no one can get to top 10. Great.

Agreed with my guildmates, this is really bad but I don’t see an easy solution for it. As the fights can be done on the day or afterwards, if you give a reward for the team winning a duel, then you force most players to play every day otherwise you might lose more than the 50 seals and bonus xp.

I think the only solution would be to hide the name of the guild (and players) you are fighting till the end of the week.

2 Likes

Offering other guild help without gaining any benefit for ourselves makes me sleazy?
I shall not offer any other guilds any pacts in the future but i can’t feel bad about offering my friends help.

I’m not really sure why everyone is freaking out so much about their response. They’ve said they’ll keep an eye on it and do something if they see any issues. Not sure what more people want. There’s nothing they can do proactively to prevent it, so all they can do is be reactive…

4 Likes

You would stil see name of players you are going to fight

1 Like

This isn’t a bad idea. Knowing your opponents doesn’t do much outside of hype.

How about combining this with the earlier suggestion of locking defenses? So GW defenses become locked at midnight Monday, and then guilds/players are revealed.

2 Likes

This could be prevented if the DEV’s set the teams we fight on defense every week.

otherwise I could see a problem if everyone did team up to do this.

As I’ve noticed a big tendency coming from multple people to interpret me as a troll and a bad person around here, i will stop posting on this forum.
I will use it for posting about guild recruiting and that’s all. Hope this makes happy those who dislike for reasons i don’t understand.

I can’t agree with that. You were on the contrary quite honest and straight forward.

I don’t like the idea of locking defenses all week, maybe just lock the defense when the day starts (and just for that day). As you don’t know who you are fighting beforehand, you can’t go nice, the name is revealed at the start of the day. But this might prove tricky for devs as they would need to lock the defense team composition.

1 Like

You could just display their title (soldier, parangon, etc…). But I think I like the idea (if feasible) of locking def teams and showing the names when the day starts.

1 Like

Because it undermines the integrity of the competition. To be truly competitive, it can’t be adulterated with collusive behavior. This is the #1 rule of all professional sports.

This is why players, coaches, and officials who get caught betting, point shaving, or otherwise artificially effecting the outcome of a game are instantly and often permanently banned from their sport.

9 Likes

I have found your answers sometimes somewhat too aggressive and have told you so.
However your comments in this thread have been honest and courageous.

I don’t understand why the reactions in this thread are so heated.
Many people have been using single troop defense teams in PVP to gain an advantage from it, and it doesn’t seem to bother anyone.
Does it make such a difference because we are talking here of guild rankings instead of individual rankings?

Besides the advantage of an alliance would not be so huge as some people seem to think. The maximum of points we can get each day is 189K.
Last week we have had a very tough war against Black dragon. The results was quite close but they won, with about 140K, if I remember well.
I am pretty sure that they have done a lot more points on some easier days. We have won several days with more than 172K points although we were done to 29.
So if they had accepted an alliance they would have won maybe 10K or 20K points. Maybe it makes a difference in lower brackets, but in bracket 1 it is not enough to save you from falling to bracket 2 or even to grant you better rewards, I think.

6 Likes