Guild Wars and Rankings

Hi.

Now you fix it, right? And last week when we were third in bracket 3 and you dropped us to 4? We protested and nobody did anything but now you fix it because there is a big guild protesting.

I know it was a mistake that we were in bracket 1, but it was last week and you said that was normal.

@VortexGZ, last week those odd movements were “normal” for the ranking system used up to last week. You were not the only guild to suffer odd movements under the old system.

This week, the devs have responded to feedback by setting up a new system. The new system had a bug, so the incorrect rankings due to the bug have been fixed.

6 Likes

We are in bracket 1 but matched with bracket 2 guilds. This might ne because our first day was against ultimos.

1 Like

i wonder how this week ranking unfolds :thinking: that might be interesting :innocent:

1 Like

Sorry, Unrepentant and Hogans got dropped twice when we were #5/#6 and #6/#5 into bracket 2 while lower ranked guilds got to stay. So we’ve been protesting the weird moves and been the poster children for them for about 3 weeks. What you complained about for last week is one of those.

There was an entire thread with 173 messages, more if you include the messages that were removed. How are brackets decided (bug?) - #182 by PGSundling

Then finally this fix was put in to address our issue for Unrepentants/Hogans/you/etc. and then it had a bug that zapped us a third time. What was supposed to happen for the rules at the top was Unrepentant was supposed to go to bracket 1. So finally after 3 weeks we won’t have to go through this again.

No guild should be able to get to bracket 1 without fighting their way through bracket 2 first.

None Of The Above
Unrepentant

2 Likes

I actually enjoyed guild wars for a change. I got a perfect score on purple day, playing against our rivals Mean Machines. I might not suck anymore now that my morale has improved. I went from one of the best to one of the worst in Unrepentant. Maybe I can go back to one of the best. It’s amazing what a change perspective can make.

I’m pretty emotional, which is one reason I’m such a good writer. Just 3 more chapters to finish my novel and now I have one less source of stress.

Wait wait wait :smiley:
In your schedule, you see that you are up against us? :smiley:
Because in our schedule we are up against Ultimos xD

3 Likes

Ha, I was wondering why I didn’t have any Ultimos battles in my PvP log!

Is your novel GoW related?

1 Like

So…Mean Machine is fighting Ultimos Guardianes, Ultimos Guardianes is fighting us, we are fighting Unrepentant and Unrepentant is fightin Mean Machine. Nice circle haha

5 Likes

Me like it. It’s very fun. Wonder who will be todays victors :smiley:

3 Likes

all four three! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

yeah…three. we’re clearly gonna lose lol

2 Likes

I’m so glad you guys got sorted out. As a Hogun, I could feel that pain from over here. Our guilds put up a fit over the old way, we finally get it to a system that is easy to understand…and then you guys got the shaft again. I was in shock.

But again, I’m glad for your team that you guys could finally make it up to bracket 1 and now know what it takes to stay there. I’m also glad we had a guild to share in our pains through all of this, and for that, I thank you guys.

5 Likes

I just noticed I’m not fighting Unrepentant anymore. I’m glad this got sorted out you guys deserved to be in bracket 1.

3 Likes

It’s not GoW related, but it does have a couple uses of the word devour and I use the phrase death mark in the current chapter.

My novel is called The Internet President: None of the Above. It’s about a computer geek that runs for president. It’s got action, romance, politics and a whole lot of crazy. I didn’t think anyone would buy my subplot about a presidential candidate with his own reality TV show, then Trump ran for president. I’ve been working on the novel for years.

James Wong built a billion dollar software company with his childhood
friend, Maria Cortez. He had everything, until an ultra-rich investor
stole control of his company with a shady contract. How do you fight the
rich and powerful? In a video game, he’d use a power up to defeat the
villain. James finds the ultimate power up: become president.

2 Likes

Yeah and it makes me happy to see you on the leader board @Maxx. We both went through hell with rankings stuff. I feel like our guilds bonded a bit over it.

1 Like

As it turns out, we lost multiple veteran members this week to real life issues. With a bunch of less guild war matches, we couldn’t make up the difference and ended as #9. We will drop back to bracket 2 for the next week, but at least the world makes sense again. I’m thankful the system works more like we would expect.

We still got 8 cards that we would not have gotten if they had not fixed the bug in the new system for last week.

2 Likes

did any guild from “supposedly top 20” this week signed off (didnt sign in) the guild wars?

we jumped from bracket 5( 1st place ) to bracket 2 (last place)

if we could be supposedly placed first in the bracket 3 and one guild didnt sign up for next week guild wars i suppose this would be possible, but really?

if its a bug and there is guild that should be in bracket 2 instead of us please speak up :stuck_out_tongue:

• Dark Riders
1 Like

@Nimhain, could you check guild movements this week too between bracket 2 and 1.

1 Like

Rock$tar finished second in bracket 3, yet they did not get promoted to bracket 2.

Similarly, Black Pearl finished second in bracket 2, yet they did not get promoted to bracket 1. Instead we got Magix in bracket 1, who were not in Bracket 2 or 3 last week.

2 Likes