Guild War - PvP - Card Imbalances - Cheating AI. Maybe the time to quit

I agree… I just dont see the desired purpose of the op… Just a rant? Hoping for change? Those both different reactions

1 Like

I hear what you’re saying. I want to add another perspective though.

I “lost” about… 5 hours of time on guild wars yesterday? Probably more. A little of that time was doing the 5 battles, but most of it was figuring out how guild wars works, learning the math, testing different teams, talking to guild mates about it. It has been the MOST fun I have ever had in this game. And I don’t even think guild wars is a good system! So many things are not perfect with it.

But I loved the challenge of high stakes games with a limited selection of troops I could (or should) use. It was interesting, it was exciting… so much fun! I’ve won all my matches so far, with 4 troops standing at the end, mostly by focusing more on the enemy not getting any mana than on getting mana for my troops.

That said, I don’t think I would want to do this every week, for months at a time. I wish it was a “one week of the month” kind of thing.

As for the cheating AI… my husband insists that’s a thing too, I just don’t see it. Yeah, sometimes the AI gets a super lucky streak, but I get that too. I just don’t think it would make sense for the devs to implement rigged gem drops or whatever for the AI. What’s the point?

We do have @Saltypatra.

Honestly, @DonBoba has trolled me worse on things we agree on.

I do understand your frustration, and I expect Guild Wars will see changes. With the Internet, we all want changes quicker than they can really come. Guild Wars is tons of planning, and trying to guess what is really going to engage the community. Then trying to get a fair real world implementation, vs just test environment.

Heck, we had Bone Dragon for more than 18 months where we knew it was unbalanced. So you kind of have to accept the ebb and slow of balance in this game, or you just get too stressed.

1 Like

Lol i think @DonBoba has trolled most of us at one point and this is hardly the first thread to be hijacked… Jus’ sayin’

1 Like

@Esoxnepa it’s sad that such things are permitted by those who are responsible of the forum, i personally saw this behaviours in many threads, independantly of individual names involved in this thread, which can still be nice persons in other context, and always left me puzzled how certain behaviours were allowed here.

The problem of card imbalances is that in “solo” play, they are just a nuisance.
With the direct confrontation of guilds, where the loss has its weight, it will bring
an explosion of complains (like mine here).

Yesterday was bonedragon under the lights, but many cards are still in a very
unbalanced and totally irrational state. Think Famine, or the newly added Deathknight.
But there are still many many cards that are imbalanced.

You just need to see the defence decks of most top guilds and you will have a pretty accurate list of what are the unbalanced cards.

1 Like

Scroll through this thread for a bit… It should make you smile😃

1 Like

I did? I do like to joke a lot, i like making people laugh, but trolling was never my thing. I don’t know where i trolled you and I apologize for that because that wasnt my intention.

This are the posts that made me respond in the way i did. Do you think i am trolling the topic creator? Idc, im just returning it in a measure i find appropriate to what he said.

2 Likes

And also @beanie42 i didn’t tag you but i should have. I see you are marking me as a troll here, but you didn’t consider why im responding like this. I think you saw me on forum enough to know that im not a troll. I’m someone who jokes sometimes for the fun of all but thats all.

Did you consider what would your response be to stuff i quoted above?

The topic created is kind of trollish. When i gave a more normal response topic creator started ofending me. If someone hits me I’ll hit back.

Not trying to justify myself, i do what i feel like doing, i just thought you know me better.

2 Likes

I was just thinking @DonBoba. Maybe some of them is trolling you now to make you believe that you trolled them? Complicated things… :joy:

1 Like

I don’t agree about the AI cheating.
However you could just have reminded how the devs have answered many times to these accusations.

Maybe if you had had to fight against the same opponents as Luther, you wouldn’t find GW so easy. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

@DonBoba I won’t waste further of my time making a process toward you nor the others who used this thread as their personal toilet paper or private message box.

Do what you want to do, keep posting, trolling, or doing the righteous thing as you can think of it.

If u ever want to come back in a rational way, u will be welcome.

I could, not disagreeing.
However I noticed one thing common for all players thinking AI is cheating. They won’t change their mind even if devs themselves confirm AI isn’t coded to cheat or to be favoured in any way. This has happend in the past.

I find it funny that players are speaking of a cheating AI in a game where 99% of the player base has over 90% win rate.

So again i could say that. But the topic creator could search for previous topics considering AI and see the official response from devs on that subject.

1 Like

It’s not just the opponents, who were hard to beat, and that is fair.

it’s the whole system that NEEDS me beating them, or i’d do no good for my guild.

About the AI, i think we will never know the truth, unless we had access to the code
to see for ourselves.

Personally, i do see hints of that in the differencies between PvP and Explore AI behaviour.

But this is just my word. As it is the Devs word just theirs. The code isn’t open for anyone to verify it.

Those hints you see are that explore troops are not combined to make a synergetic team as well as their stats being about 5 times lower then what you encounter in PvP. Mechanics are the same, team strenght is not.

And code isnt open to avoid people from exploiting it. We have people cheating now, what do you think would happen with an open code?

1 Like

If you ask those players they will testify they weren’t cheating :stuck_out_tongue:

Your own personal experience with RNG (or what you believe to have experienced) over a couple thousand games does not provide any evidence at all, even if you could support it with actual records, due to low sample size. Crying about RNG is futile and foolish, accept it or don’t, but refrain from venting on a public forum if you can’t stomach the rightfully deserved consequences. You only have one good point in your post, the guild war shining a spotlight on balance issues, and that drowned in the ludicrous vent and the resulting fun.

6 Likes

Well said sir.

1 Like

They are different. There is no ‘combo breaker’ or player assistance in PvP.

source? i mean, other than Devs claiming it?

it’s futile to argue about if it’s true or not, if we both can’t make points
to prove it true or not.

Devs saying that AI behaviour is normal is just Dev saying that.
I mean, they wouldn’t be the first Devs to tell something not true to the public,
and being the Devs i can even comprehend why they wouldn’t admit it.