Guide to Traits - 1.0.8

That is correct.

Ok pvp isnt every other battle…

Not sure if this is the best place to put this or not, so just ignore it if it should be elsewhere.

Frenzy (Gain +1 Attack when taking damage) triggers every time the troops health goes down.
Meaning applying Poison to a troop with Frenzy is a bad idea.

Did I gather correctly that battles in a particular kingdom produce a particular kind of traitstone? (Excepting pvp, apparently?)

I want to upgrade Valk too – anyone figure out which kingdom produces wind traitstones?

Chance-wise, I’ve been running exactly 40% drop chance while finishing up challenges in Darkstone.

Personally I’d kinda love it if the arena or treasure hunt were tweaked to allow traitstones that way, but maybe this sets things up for a brand new minigame where we can earn those. More minigames = happy players.

1 Like

yes also some frenzy troops have a form of health regeneration so watch your back

i want this and if it used maps we already have then it might make it better

The Regeneration and Reinforced traits have some mixed-up words here and in-game. Just saying.

Do traits like:
(a) 2 life to all [race]
(b) half enemy masteries (Jinx)
(c) 30% evasion (Agile: 30% Chance to dodge Skull damage.)
stack?

If so, have 2 troops with Jinx (b) reduce all enemy masteries to 0 and 4 troops with Agile have 120% Chance to dodge Skull damage?

Jinx is multiplicative - as in, 1x 50% = 50% reduction; 2x 50% = 75% reduction (reducing what is left by half).

Agile is for that individual troop only. So four troops with Agile all have 30% each. If it was two, the two troops with Agile have 30% each and the other two troops without Agile don’t.

Thx for the quick reply.

And here comes the next trait(stone) related question:
The cost for traits (number of traitstones) are related to the rarity level of the card. Do the cost for traits increase too, when ascending a card to a higher rarity level?

Nope (thank whichever higher power you want, devs maybe?) … the cost is based on the troop’s starting rarity and stays that way.

I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned with all the threads going around, but I figure either here or the Kingdom Guide would be the best place to ask (and this was the top thread :slight_smile: ) : I thought I read somewhere else that Kingdom Challenges give out specific types of Traitstones, and my recent playthrough of the Daemon Hoard challenge in Khaziel seemed to bear this out - I only got Earth Traitstones when I did get them. So

1. Is this true?
  2. If so, is there a list of which Traitstone can be gotten from which challenge(s)? I didn’t see it above so I might have missed it (or it’s in the Kingdom Guide). It may be kind of obvious (Khaziel seems to be primarily brown mana so hence the Earth Traitstone), but sometimes it’s not.

Another thing is, when a troop with Jinx dies, do you lose the trait for that battle?

it depends on activation timing

How about the necromancy trait then, wonder if that stacks.
and if the troop death loses the end battle benefit.

Nobody checked yet?
also, magic link stacking :wink:

Not sure whether to be excited or worried than opening up the equivalent of 2300 Iron Keys didn’t yield me enough to do these upgrades…

Me too… have met a couple of teams with 4 mythics and all unlocked traits though so maybe we’re just unlucky? Or maybe they’ve spent ridiculous amounts of real money upgrading? :wink:

Just found this - late - and to say great work @Archenassa and the additions by @Shimrra

Thanks guys!

1 Like

Or they were hoarding pre-update, and being in a high level guild helps…

1 Like