GoW Victory Quote Typo

Typo discovered.

Also, in the original Sun Tzu quote in Chinese, it should be a hundred battles, not a thousand :sunglasses:

1 Like

That was the old “slight exaggeration” meta. The quote got stealth-buffed to be able to compete against the new “runaway hyperbole” meta.

4 Likes

Yeah in the original Chinese I think it says “Throw thy enemy.” Because of how smart the people who made up this saying were, they wanted one saying to dovetail into another mixing metaphors like a cocktail mixologist. So if you spoke Chinese, you might say something like:

“Know thy self, throw thy enemy. A hundred battles, a hundred victories. And only trust your enemy as far as you can throw them.”

Here is an accurate translation, it doesn’t have the same “poetry” as the poorly translated common ones.

[03.23] Therefore I say: One who knows the enemy and knows himself will not be in danger in a hundred battles.

[03.24] One who does not know the enemy but knows himself will sometimes win, sometimes lose. One who does not know the enemy and does not know himself will be in danger in every battle.

2 Likes

Even if he/she plays Kerb/GS/FG/Kerb?

1 Like

I think in this case you know yourself at least. Try creating a random team and fighting without scouting the opp - I guess then it’s the “does not know the enemy and does not know himself” case. And it’s rather dangerous I’d say :smiley:

How about this random team:
FG/kerb/kerb/GS
You never seen it composed in such a way i bet!