GoW-Tool by MrSnake

currently working on including some images (THX @Ozball), tweaked the whole design and finally finished the changelog.
maybe v1.2 can be released in a few more days :wink:

still looking for some ideas what to create to track the progress - reply some wishes or just brainstorm^^

keep you up2date
MrSnake

3 Likes

v1.2 released - New Troops added to Database
This Release is the first that comes as Zip-File because of the included images - i used 7-Zip to create it.

GoW-TB_v1.2.zip

Changes:

• new UI Layout
  • included Changelog with Patch Notes
  • included images for Kingdoms, Mana-Colors and Banners
  • changes on Hero creation

If you already have saved Teams with Heroes follow this steps:

1. Open the teams.sav with Editor/Notepad
  2. Look for the row that start with “yes”
  3. Replace your choosen Heroname with “Hero”
  4. Put the teams.sav in the same Folder with the new version
4 Likes

v1.3 released - Data Source changed from MySQL to (included) local JSON File

Changes:

• main Data-Source switched from MySQL (Online) to included local Source
  • included additional images for Hero-Classes, Hero-Colors and Rarities
  • small UI tweaks

Please report any Bug u find - i had edit nearly 80% of my Algorithms because of the change to a new Data Source!
So if you encounter any Problem - freezes or some other curiosities → REPORT here^^

The progress Window takes a little more time - but it will come :wink:

Have Fun with the new Version,
MrSnake

2 Likes

On loading the .jar it gives a message:

The program still opens and seems to work properly regardless though.

the only DB connection i left over - is the Changelog Tab content

on start of the app, a connection shall be established to load the Changelogs from the MySQL DB^^

i started the app now and all works fine - seems like they had some server issues maybe, its just a free DB service for non commercial use. they give the hint that some problems can occur everytime because this is an experimental DB-Server and it gets updates and changes weekly… this is one more reason why i changed the source from online - to local :wink:

please try again and see if the message still pops up - in my case (3minutes ago) this message did not appear

Yup seems to be fixed now.

this is also on my 2do list - but has no priority^^

i will change the point of time where the connection tries to reach the online DB to the action “click on changelog tab” - then it wont show a message right on startup if the DB is not accessible :stuck_out_tongue:

because of issues with the new JSON file a new release with all troops and kingdoms is still not in sight - but i am currently working hard on the progress feature of my tool!

i am looking for some people to check the first version of the progress feature in my tool - its still not finished, i have many things to do, but i want some feedback if i am on the right way and what i maybe should change or add…

your job:

• test the feature, check for correct numbers
  • search for bugs and how they can be reproduced
  • give feedback in case of useability and layout tweaks
  • are all infomations available, or is something missing?

interested? answer here or PM me! - skype for chat would be great^^

THX

1 Like

FINALLY the 2.0 release arrives!!! The formerly known “GoW-Teambuilder” will now be known as the “GoW-Tool” because of the new Feature^^

v2.0

• new DataBase with Troops and Kingdoms
  • added Progress Tracker
  • removed Changelog (no more Internet Connection needed)

The Progress Tracker is just tested by myself and still in BETA stadium, if u encounter any Bugs → LET ME KNOW
If you think something is missing → LET ME KNOW

GoW-Tool 2.0

Like always → Have Fun :wink:

MrSnake

4 Likes

Thanks for adding the progress tracker. I love it. :smiley_cat: It’s cool that it has the upcoming troops already in it as well.

1 Like

This is excellent!! Nice Job!

1 Like

@MrSnake thank you for such a cool tool! I did notice something, when I attempted to save my kingdom level (in this instance it was for Whitehelm lvl 10), it would flash but not save the level.

1 Like

I came across the same bug. Also, if I tried to change the level say from 5 to 6 on one that was already saved, it would not save the new number.

1 Like

THX 4 report.

I will have a look at it soon. Hope to fix it in the next 24 hours ;). Make sure you keep your SAV Files!

2 Likes

i have uploaded a HOTFIX!

reason for bug: my code created the same kingdom multiple times in the save file - so on load the programm just did not know what to take… i fixed and tested it, please try again :wink:

just remove the GoW-Tool.jar and replace it with the new one i uploaded and follow this steps to keep your entered troop progress data:

1. open the progress.sav with editor, notepad or similar
  2. scroll down the troops till “Zombie” (last troop in list)
  3. underneath you find a seperator row, delete all kingdom related rows, keep the troops
  4. make sure u leave no empty rows in this file!!!

after restarting the kingdom level should be saved correct - for me it worked, please give feedback :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

hi, could you tell me where did you got the “gems” images from?

I did most of the image extracting for this. They’re all from the png files in the Steam game folders. Worth noting that none of the images used in this tool are dual or tri color. Only single colour and the 6 colour gem are there.

New at this, and apologies for newb question - I extracted the .zip files from the GoW tool in Google Drive, but can’t seem to find where to launch the tool itself.

Possibly related, I get a ‘too many attempts’ error when I try to extract the hotfix tool. Known issue?

Thanks!