GoW Team Build Compendium

Just posting my “Brainsless” all around team.

All around because it has a great (not perfect) win rate in PVP, Explo, farm, etc… in fact, with Dragon soul and Skullbeard, you also rack decent money and souls.

Brainless because it’s an exploder, so even if it’s not as fast as other teams, you can basically just press spell and not think. Not even look for matches . Just press any explosions that are ready. Perfect for Netflix-binge playing.

Team:
Gorgotha
Captain Skullbeard
The Dragon Soul
Siren (can be anything you like)
Undead Banner

So basically, you have 3 cheap cost exploders with different mana. So, once it starts… there is always one guy filled and ready to blow.

I use Siren last to kickstart it. You could bring anything really.

Order of casting is always TDS first, then Skullbeard, then Gorg.
Enjoy.

Nice - I’ve been using skull beard a bit more lately since a Guild mate had some nice GW builds with him for blue and green days.

My brainless exploder team is:

Gorgotha
Famine
Dragon Soul
Pharos Ra

Explosions plus big spike damage. Yes please!

Current favorite revamped after DM change, which made my DK rather useless on Explore:

Queen of Thorns (Woodland Banner)

Elspeth ***
Rowanne
Aurai ***
Aurai ***

The 2 Aurai will boost Rowanne’s total damage by 30, which makes for a huge difference in your ability to kill all enemies with one cast. You can predict Rowanne’s total damage by adding twice her armor to the spell base damage. Divide that total by 4 if you want to know what’s the average of the total HP (life+armor) enemies can have in order for them to be killed by a single spell cast.

Start by casting Elspeth on first Aurai (there’s a good chance that, if the summoned troop is green, its spell will be better than Aurai’s, but no need to focus on that, it’s just a detail). That should generate green mana for Rowanne, whose spell you can cast right away, unless you’re sure her spell won’t kill anyone. In that case, you can cast a damage spell with another character (the one you summoned, like – hopefully – a Settite Warrior, of the 2nd Aurai’s spell, which should be cast on the strongest enemy) before casting Rowanne’s spell.

If that doesn’t kill everyone (or if filling another troop other than Rowanne would prove much troublesome), try to match green > blue > yellow (or skulls, if there’s only one weak enemy left) in order to refill Rowanne, or refill Elspeth to sacrifice the other Aurai.

If Rowanne somehow gets hit hard by a spell, don’t hesitate to retreat right away.

Slight modification to the above, for exploring:

Crimson Bat (*** for Bloodsucking, which is nice to have, but not necessary)
Princess Elspeth ***
Penguin ***
Penguin ***

PE on Penguin. Fire Bat when charged. Takes down everything with 30 health or less in one shot.

I created this Compendium last November, so I think it’s time to bring it back to the forefront again! Let the necromancy begin!! In honor of that here is a new team featuring our latest Mythic, The WorldBreaker! Enjoy! :wink:

Team: World Explodes
Banner: Urska (+2 brown, +1 red, -1 purple)
Troops:
Elven Bard•••
Ragnagord•••
Azura•••
The WB•••

How to Play: The only trait that is truly necessary is Rags Second Trait, FAST. On your first turn find a red or brown 3-match a mana surge will fill Rag. Turn 2 explode the board with the color that has the best spread, yellow or green is ideal. This should fill Elven Bard. Cast her spell on WB, giving him 16 mana, enchanting him (if he’s not full already) And increasing his dmg +2! Next turn Break the World. From that point the Bard is used to quickly refill a WB that is close while boosting his dmg. And if the Elven Bard dies, Great! Now you have three exploders, covering All mana colors. Let the world burn and dominate with this fun team.

3 Likes

Still a bit of a newb, so apologies if this is all old hat. But I’m starting to get into Guild Wars a bit, still heavily farming souls to level my guys up, and I only own the one Mythic, so maybe some of these will be useful for people in a similar spot. I’m assuming that I should be listing what I consider the “minimum” trait levels for the list to work, as opposed to the optimum, or my current levels.

My Soul Farming Team:
Warlock*/Avina/Banshee/Kerberos*/Vampire’s Banner(purple/red)

2x Necromancy means I net about 200 souls Exploring on Warlord II. Straight-up damage list, with a little synergy where Banshee makes reds to charge up Avina. Kerberos is fully mana-blocked, but a) he has Necromancy, b) he’s a nice finisher if any of my others are getting picked off, and c) once you get his third trait he starts summoning wargs for you. Wargs when you’re on 80 souls really bat cleanup (50+ damage.)

Red Dwarf (my Guild Wars team for red days…):
Dwarven Slayer/Deep Borer/King Highforge/Runesmith/Orc’s Banner(red/brown)

No traits necessary to make it work, though pretty much all the traits are useful, and it’s not too hard to make the entire team Devour-proof. Looking forward to getting Highforge’s third trait to make the whole team fast. Play is simple: take mana in the order brown/blue/yellow/red, fire Highforge whenever he’s ready to do the real work, Deep Borer only if Highforge doesn’t have brown, and the Slayer to take out the keystone of an enemy list, preferably just before he dies anyways, or some horrible enemy ability goes off. The list gets Duke of Stone (+2A, +4HP), Dwarf General (+8HP), and Maester of Fire (+25 fire mastery). My Highforge currently does about 34 damage to each of two targets, which ain’t half-bad.

1 Like

my best well-rounded team

Khorvash
Mercy
Valkyrie
Plague

All must be fully traited, Lion banner

strategy:

first turn, find any purple and yellow together that can form 4 or 5 link together, cast Mercy (Divine Grace) (she has “Empowered” starting battle with full mana)
that will fill up valkyrie. Once Valkyrie filled up, start turning any color into blue (cast Valhalla) to find any match of 4 or 5 gems together, that will fill up Khorvash → Mercy → Plague
repeat the loop of endless 4 or 5 gems link (or manually match 4 or 5 gems together on the board) and Mercy-Valkyrie loop combo which will fire off Plague’s last trait (i personally think Aspect of Plague is one of the most powerful traits in the game).
when you can’t find any more 4 or 5 gems matches, cast Plague’s spell (Outbreak)
enemies will be severely debilitated by the combo because of Aspect of Plague (you can start laughing at their stats (att, shield, hp and mana; they barely tickle you even if they manage to match skulls or cast some spells, dealing minimal damage to you)
enemies can hardly gain any mana to fuel their spells because of Outbreak (disease + poison)
cast Khorvash’s Crown of Anu whenever you feel like you have to, or if you have nothing else to do
Traits and spells:
khorvash has damage reduction from skull 25%
khorvash will stun everyone (except if they have traits to block it)
Valkyrie has Water Link can easily fill up your whole team with the loop combo
Mercy has Cleanse and can give 18hp to whoever weakest and need it most (Khorvash being in the first spot usually gets the love from Mercy, Mercy will always keep khorvash alive) (Cleanse is extremely important spell because you will definitely want to get out of frustrations from Entangle, Queen Mab’s frozen, stuns, Death Mark, just to name 4 most powerful negative buffs)

this team is extremely powerful and extremely fast

One major weakness with this team:
–> always try to keep Khorvash alive. Once he is dead, you will start to feel the punch because he is the main attacking force of the team (Mercy, Valkyrie and Plague they don’t have offensive spells)

P.S. Have i mentioned how OP Plague is? He is so underrated. i seriously rolled my eyes when i saw people complaining about how underwhelming Plague is. Yup, plague does not pack with a One-Hit-KO spell, but he is a very solid support unit. Definitely my favorite out of all Mythics available to this date. I have tons of mythics in my collection, but i love Plague the most.

Fast is Rag’s 2nd trait.

1 Like

Good catch! I’ll edit the post above. :wink:

I substituted Azura for Pharos Ra since I don’t have, and it still works pretty decently.

I use something similar to this, but I don’t have plague, so mine is:

Lion Banner
Khorvash***
Valkyrie***
Crimson Bat
Mercy***

If I could get a second Khorvash, I’d actually sub that in for Bat. The main reason I’d probably avoid Plague in this team is that it slows it down. Khorvash and Bat fill up so quickly with this that it only takes a couple casts to wipe out the enemy team. Further, Khorvash’s traits (particularly his second and third) mean he can act as a tank and withstand skull damage while removing the tank ability of enemy troops.

I’d been meaning to post a couple more of my lists for people without mythics. Here’s a couple of my current GW lists:

Mellow Yellow
Holy Banner (+2 yellow)
Bard*** Orpheus’ Lute
The Great Maw
Orion
The Silent One*

Obviously my yellow team - it’s kind of crap on defence, because it takes more skill than the AI has to play it right, but it regularly takes out much larger teams on offence. Prioritize yellow and blue at first, and try to hold off on firing The Silent One until your hero is also ready to go. Silence everyone, then play the lute to cleanse silence off of TSO and enchant everyone; once you start the loop you can keep most enemies silent for the whole game. 3rd trait for bard is the only absolutely necessary trait - though the various traits on the Maw go nicely with the theme of everything getting bigger all the time. I use the Maw to take out something critical on the other side; he rarely actually gets to fight.

Paint Stripper
Dark Banner (+1brown, +1 purple)
Vodyanoi**
Bone Dragon
Dark Priestess
Corrupted Urska

An alternate purple list of mine that takes very few traits - Vodyanoi-2 is the only actual must, without which it doesn’t work at all. Urska and Priestess buff the Vodyanoi, Priestess and Bone Dragon make skulls, Vodyanoi hits things and entangles them so they can’t use my own skulls back at me. It’s vulnerable to the Vodyanoi being sniped, and hates lists that are full of Stoneskin, so I don’t use it as my main purple list (which is just a boring Carnex/Psion/Kerberos/Baba Yaga) but it’s fun to play against the right opponent, and easy to get all the pieces for.

2 Likes

Revamped my Soul Farming list - partially on someone else’s advice as I got things traited up, and partially because I finally got Sol’Zara. This does rely on more traited Legendaries than the old version, but it runs pretty slick:

Unicorn Banner (+2 purp, +1 yel, -1 red)
Sol’Zara *
Kerberos ***
Acolyte ***
Sacrificial Priest **

Sol’Zara gets me all the way to 120 base souls in two shots of her ability, as long as at least one of those is against someone with more health than her. Running Challenge matches (while farming traitstones) on Warlord III that nets me over 410 souls / match at the moment. Meanwhile the Acolyte nicely feeds Kerberos, and the Wargs that Kerberos summons do upwards of 80 damage once we’ve collected those souls. My favorite way to finish a match is for Kerberos to devour something and then the Priest to sacrifice Kerberos with his buffed attack

2 Likes

I use:

Mummified King
Flesh Golem
Sol’Zara
Pharos Ra

Souls a plenty. :wink:

2 Likes

I was messing around with Sol’Zara this morning and came up with a team that runs very fast and smooth with her. I found Divinion Fields Challenge 3 on Warlord 4 works best with my hp level.

Desert Banner (Brown/Yellow)
Gorgotha ***
Sol’Zara *
Flesh Golem *
Acoloyte ***

Flesh Golem and Acolyte help fill Gorgotha back up, also acolyte has Stone Link which helps. Gorgotha may not need traits if you’re able to play at a lower difficulty and still get Sol’Zora’s bonus.

I’ve included a video of it in action, happened to be a better board so this run is on the faster side, but it’s always pretty fast.

2 Likes

What do you mean tds

They are referring to The Dragon Soul

I’ve been testing Bright Forest’s troops:

This is a low rarity team, the following explanations in this post are directed to players with less experince and should be regarded as basic concepts of team building skills.

Players can exchange troops for ones they like better depending of what is available, but this team still is quite strong because of the extra stats for Fey and Bright Forest troops this week. With some effort, and time, i’ve been defeating teams of the current meta during my tests.

Summer Knight would require all traits depending of the build you choose. It’s a decent troop that can generate some mana, buff herself and modify the board. Try to destroy the rows with more purple, brown and red gems to benefit the most from it and fill Florian’s Mana.

Florian provides the team with excessive green mana for Aurai, Fey Cap, Pixie and/or Rowanne. Florian is OP. (Nyx too by the way.)

Aurai should be used only if you traited it completely. It can, usually, kill any troop with triple damage from it’s spell specially if said troop have Faerie Fire applied by Summer Knight skull damage for example. As Aurai kills one or more enemies you literally increase Fey Cap’s damage as there are less targets to split it’s total damage. Wanna use two Aurais and no Fey Cap? Sure! Even Khorvash have a Special Ops Penguin Squad, right @Sheba ? :joy:

Pixie is a substitution if you don’t have Aurai fully traited and don’t have Rowanne. She provides extra stats bonus for being from Bright Forest. If you are lucky you can even loop Florian and Pixie together draining more than one enemy and placing Faerie Fire on them (Florian generates a lot of green mana draining an enemy, maybe some purple or brown gems will match filling her again, Pixie applies Faerie Fire and if there is another enemy to drain mana you could cast Florian’s spell again and then Pixie’s spell again). You could also run this team using two Fey Caps and have good results.

I liked the build with Rowanne the most. You could also run this team with two Rowannes on the bottom with good results.

4 Likes

I’ve been using:

Summer Knight
Prince Big Sword
Queen Titiania
Glitterclaw

Seems ok.

I use this one currently for fast exploration. I replace the first Aurai for a Full-traits Kraken, so it deals 3 bonus damage to all enemies before I cast Rowanne’s spell, and I have a backup spell to finish the last 2 troops that may have survived the Thorns.