GoW music topic

‘for a minute there…I lost myself, I lost myself…’ :cry:

4 Likes

My genre of choice is tough to pin down. Actually, I don’t really have one.

I stumbled upon this thread because I was about to start one after being inspired by the movie thread and the general good that has come of it. So I decided to do a quick search first.

When time allows, I’ll post a detailed breakdown by genre, but for now:

2 Likes
7 Likes

It is definatelly a good album, but it doesn’t top “Ten” for me.

When this album was released, i was on vacation in the US of A, so i bought it there. There is no diffrence with the European release, besides the record company and the “made in the USA” (or “printed in the USA”. I don’t have the album at hand atm.) on the back cover and CD.

1 Like

This might be the best song Radiohead ever wrote.

I was lucky to be able to see them live a few months after “Creep” was released and a small hit in the dutch charts. I’ve been following them more or less after that.

1 Like

Yeah I agree, ‘Fake Plastic Trees’ is close up there with it.

It must have felt great to have watched them live. :slight_smile:

Yes, and even better is it was way before they even thought about filling a 35K visitors footbll stadium.:wink:

1 Like

Well, my musical taste is pretty diverse. Here goes.

Experimental Mathcore (Female Vocalist): iwrestledabearonce - You Ain’t No Family

Alternative Rock: Foo Fighters - Everlong

Grunge: Nirvana - Heart Shaped Box (also a great video)

Melodic Metal: August Burns Red - Composure

Melodic Deathcore: Second Thief - Sacrifice

Deathcore/Grindcore: On Solid Ground - Of Harlots and Abominations

Technical Metal: As Blood Runs Black - My Fears Have Become Phobias

Melodic Hardcore/Post-Hardcore: Beloved - Death to Traitors

Post-Hardcore: Alexisonfire - Boiled Frogs (Concept and video compliment each other beautifully, imho)

Skramz/Screamo: 1905 - Can’t Change Everything

Skramz/Screamo: Saetia - Venus and Bacchus

Skramz/Experimental: Circle Takes the Square - A Crater to Cough In

Post-Hardcore/Experimental Rock: At the Drive-In - Invalid Letter Dept.

Alternative Rock: ∆ (alt-J or Delta) - Tessellate / Taro

Country: Garth Brooks - Friends in Low Places (Yep… Also, sorry for the lyrics video, but Garth hasn’t made his music available digitally due to his personal beliefs, so it’s tough to find an authentic audio clip)

Like I said, my musical preference hits a wide spectrum… Enjoy?

Realised my list was a little metal/rock heavy… So…

(SWEARING ON MOST)

Underground (mostly) Conscious Hip-Hop

MF Doom

Aesop Rock

Scorzayzee

This’ll tell you if you like him:

Then here’s 48 minutes of him:

Illogic

ft. Aesop Rock

Eyedea

Lupe Fiasco

Despot

Scroobius Pip

Sage Francis

Intuition

Vents

Gangstarr (G.U.R.U. and DJ Premiere)

Pete Rock and CL Smooth

The Pharcyde

That’s a few… Obviously, there’s thousands more, but I think my lists are taking up too much space already. :grin:

I think I might do one more installment (eventually), of instrumental albums, but we’ll see.

Enjoy? :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Instrumental Math Rock The Earth is a Man (Full Album)

I listen to a lot of different types of music, but lately, I’ve been leaning towards various kinds of EDM. I’m going to come out of the closet here as kind of a weeb, but not entirely. Most of what I listen to are remixes/arranges of various tracks from the Touhou project, done by various groups in the fandom. Judge away, but this is what I’ve been listening to over the past year or so, and I’m going to try to mix up genres a bit to keep it interesting.

I think this qualifies as Nu-disco, maybe?

Something more EDM-y. Another arrangement of the same theme as above, to show how different the same song can sound

Not Touhou-related, but by the head of one of the larger groups that does Touhou stuff. This has been stuck in my head for days.

Hardstyle, if you’re into that.

And more stuff that isn’t quite as EDM-sounding for people who don’t like that.

1 Like

Not enough Oasis or Stone Roses in here…!

2 Likes

6 Likes

Not my favourites from said bands, however, they’ll certainly do! Wonderwall got overplayed to hell on the radio over here and I can only listen to it about once a month, ha ha. It also made people jump on the bandwagon a bit too much for my liking considering they didn’t know a thing about the band and how good Noel’s b-sides really were compared to the usual 3-5 songs being played on the radio.

Made of stone and Waterfall are my favourite Stone Roses songs, but I can’t give a favourite Oasis song or two since that’s impossible! I’d have to give you a top 10 that I all equally like, ha ha. I can tell you my favourite album, though-The Masterplan.

Was a bit of a long reply obviously, but I could talk about said bands for absolutely ages!

2 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes

Actually I am a fan of ‘Dum Dum Girls’ as well…

Lately Im listening either to Amy Winehouse either Florence+The Machine. Amy’s songs are somehow moving, her voice gets deep into me even if she sings about bacon and eggs tho :laughing:

And Florence, oh well, she definitely is a revelation. She is beautiful from tip to toe. Her voice releases enormous energy in me. I listen to her when running, doing exercises, riding a bike. If not her I’d definitely be soulless :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

A true journey of an album. Paints quite the tale without any words other than some quoted samples.

Genre: Instrumental Headtrip