GoW music topic

And my favorite of the week…

3 Likes

@bluebehir: this is the first album of Ayreon. To me not his best, but the others are having the same vibe (but better produced. He even sold his home to be able to record/ produce this album without being signed at the time of recording.)
Russel and MJR of SymX are both on the “flight of the migrator” albums.(disk 2)

An other type of music i love is percussion. My father used to play percussion (drums, marimba and more) but he quit because my my mother didn’t like the noise.
Fortunatelly i had been able to play on my fathers drumkit from the age of 4/5, so i’m infected with the drum-virus. :grinning:
I’ve been able to see the group in this video live twice, and i really love this track of them that was one of their first own compositions.
I recomment to listen to it with a headphone!

1 Like

I’m currently listening to a lot of Robert Glasper although my musical tastes are all over the map. My favorites are jazz fusion, post-rock, punk and neo-soul.

3 Likes

Just sit back and let the music play if you can sit still long enough.

2 Likes

Drop It Down Like Water, Lady Bee

Rush, Tom Sawyer

5 Likes

Now I’m back to 90’s Alternative. Offspring Green day et al

1 Like

Gradually making my way down the music you all suggested. It will take a while :slight_smile:

Like many of you I have exceedingly eclectic tastes and it really depends on mood or activity.

When I am working or reading I listen to classical music or piano. One short piece that I was just enjoying is by Ludovico Einaudi entitled Nuvole Bianche (White Clouds):

1 Like

I was interested in your Ondekoza link, but …
“This video contains content from Victor Entertainment, Inc… It is not available in your country.”

Yeah. I know.
My fault for living down under.
I’m listening to some Ayreon instead. It’s a long intro, so I’ll give it a chance to get into the main stuff.

I’m mostly liking this Ayreon. It’s just slightly too synthesizer, but musically, it is particularly good.
It’s kind of soothingly smooth

I am way behind you all, as I just found this great thread. Making my way down–

I like this one (the Wolf and the Moon/Winterwolf, etc). And I have a thought: you are enjoying the Celtic musical genre right now and fuzzy, soft, dangerous canis lupus?

Some videos are playlist so good luck with getting through them.

1 Like

But I would fight 500 goblins
And I would fight 500 more
Just to be the man who fought a thousand goblins
To fall down at your door

In short, I sure hope I can handle a playlist or two considering all of the extra turns I have endured :boom:

9 Likes

I saw what you did there…

3 Likes

I would walk 1 thousand miles, nice romantic song.

2 Likes

And I’m going to goddarn Scotland tomorrow…

1 Like

I am likely one of the “weird ones” I like everything except most hardcore gangster rap and illegible screaming. I like Gospel but I’m not Christian. I love music my grandparents grew up on and throwback sounds. But I couldn’t cope with out my Reggae, Blues, NWA, or happy hardcore. Grew up on country and greats from the 60s - 80s.
Found Disco on my own much to my mother’s disappointment. ABBA, Patsy Cline and Billy Joel got me thru some teen angst. I’m a Deadhead and a Parrothead.

But most of the time I listen to Indi-pop, folk, pop-noir.
This is my FAVORITE current artist and the best thing I found in my 10 years living in the SF Bay area, Vienna Teng.

4 Likes

Listening to now:

7 Likes

Considering the instruments does this classify as classical music or what genre is this?

That’s… Very cool… Even for those of us that were moshing teenagers when that was first sung…

2 Likes

People have different classifications like instrumental rock, cello rock, etc.

I sort of have a thing for “Smells Like Teen Spirit” covers. Robert Glasper has a great jazzy piano version.

1 Like