Goodbye Gems of War

Very well said.

5 Likes

Bye Dave,

I hope you find something fun to play, and hopefully we’ll see you again in the future!

Kind regards,
Michael

1 Like

Might I add a PS that there is a great thread of other games that you can play:

http://community.gemsofwar.com/t/when-you-are-tired-of-gow-what-do-you-play

2 Likes

Good post. No. 25

1 Like

You’re completely discounting the catharsis that can happen when a person shares their feelings about something and finds out that other people feel the same way.

The reason that the same complaints about GW dominate the forums over and over and over and over is because the same issues dominate GW over and over and over and over. Just because you’ve decided it doesn’t bother you doesn’t mean other people should just shut up and take it.

Furthermore, you’ve got it completely backwards. You’re not ever going to quiet the complaining just doing what you’re doing because you’re completely focused on the symptom rather than the cause. You’re not persuading anyone to see your side of it, you’re just pissing them off.

6 Likes

My side is: This has been said a few hundred times already. Please, if you really need to repeat it, then do it in an existing thread.

That seems pretty darn reasonable to me.

2 Likes

Yes. The addition of a core of players into a Beta test team, is one of the methods they have added.

I think many more people enjoy GWs than we realize. I have a F2P account in a lower ranked guild, and I watch players who are excited by going 5-0, without one color teams. So they are enjoying what they see of the feature. They don’t seem to grasp how important those mono-color teams are to high scores. Plus, perhaps only a third of their guild even plays.

The Development team always gets much more quiet nearing crunch time. The fact that we saw the elimination of 1-troop defenses during this time, tells just how much work it was generating for them, along with seeing that resource gathering was about to hit that exponential growth as more players burned out and just hit the 1 troop teams.

1 Like

This is a good argument. Actually lets take this further.

These ‘I hate GW’ threads are like a banker convention where all the bankers are complaining about being punched in the face. And occasionally, a boxer steps into the conference from the boxing convention next door and wonders why everyone has problems getting punched in the face.

3 Likes

Now i wanna see a boxer convention

1 Like

@Venar

12 Likes

sounds bitter to me and are you really complaining about fighting 3 or 4 same teams when you would see 1 to 3 same teams with the 1 troop defense? as some of my friends would say Bye Felicia

1 Like

If a game is no longer fun, then it’s best to take some time off and try other things. Your perspective might change after a while, and you might find yourself coming back.

But for now it’s best to take a break.

4 Likes

Just a question, when was it a win/win mindset?
PVP doesn’t have a loser in a battle?

If someone invades me, I get rewards regardless if they win or lose. Sure, I get more if I defeat them, but I get more by losing than I do by having a team they refuse to battle.

5 Likes

So you want all your defences to lose and all your invades to win?

There’s a win/win game out there somewhere, I think it’s called FarmVille

1 Like

sigh nevermind, you’re evidently not going to grasp what I’m saying.

3 Likes

Oh I understand, people are starting to get sore because wins and losses actually mean something in Guild Wars. It’s how it should be in my opinion.

2 Likes

@zachraziel i dont think that is what @Rasper is talking about and i think you know it

No I think he mentions quite clearly that it’s about winning and making others lose. Again, this is how it should be? It is a competition against rivals after all, not a repetition of wins or losses like it is in PVP.

When people lose, they get upset. It’s understandable. I just don’t know how it got to be anything other than this mindset in PVP, of wins and losses not mattering to anyone.

I guess now that it’s in plain sight for all the guild to see, it must be hard for some people.

1 Like

If you dont understand why ranked pvp defend losses might be preferable than i cant help ya brudda but maybe @discobot can…

@discobot fortune