Global Chat on the Forums!

Maybe for the better lol

2 Likes

Its probably awesome! I hear moose and elk are delicious

1 Like

Alaskans are weird, man. I went to the Arctic Winter Games in my youth and I couldn’t believe how different the Alaskans were from the rest of us. That US/Canada border is more significant than any kind of shared northern identity. They’d never even heard of a toque!

1 Like

A what now??

3 Likes

You might call it a “knit cap”.

From Wikipedia:

Canadian[edit]
Main article: Knit cap

Man wearing a tuque.
In Canada, tuque /ˈtuːk/ is the common name for a knitted winter hat, or watch cap (sometimes called a beanie in other parts of the world); the spelling “touque”, although not recognized by the Canadian Oxford Dictionary, is also sometimes seen in written English.[6] The Canadian-English term was assimilated from Canadian-French tuque. Toque first appeared in writing around 1870.[7][8][9]

The fashion is said to have originated with the coureurs de bois, French and Métis fur traders, who kept their woollen nightcaps on for warmth during cold winter days. Such hats are known in other English-speaking countries by a variety of names, including beanie, watch cap or stocking cap; the terms tuque and toque are unique to Canada and northern areas of the United States close to the Canada–United States border.

2 Likes

Lol its a knit hat… Called a beanie in usa

I had to google it too

3 Likes

Sniped by stan lol

1 Like

I think this has to do with warm/cold weather ratio…

Here we have 6 months of cold 4 of which can be real bad 3months of cool and warm and 3 months of goddamit hot

Anywhere where the weather is cold 10 months of the year makes for some strange people… Im lookin at you @Eika

1 Like

No kidding, I just learned this a few weeks ago from playing Hinterland Studio’s The Long Dark (a Canadian Developer).

2 Likes

Norway not as bad as Canada forest my bruddaz.

1 Like

I thought it was always cold in Scandinavia

1 Like

But to be fair i am kinda dumb lol

1 Like

Middle norway and north is a plague tho…

2 Likes

Nice. I like how they went all-in with a big red maple leaf on it!

1 Like

No, you are a pretty smart to be a silverback. Or should we call u the goldenback lol

1 Like

Golenback?

1 Like

Goldenback

1 Like

Ahh… Lol see im dumb hahahahaha

1 Like

How about mythicback lol

1 Like

Golemback u thought? haha

1 Like