Gems of War - Guild Wars and Beyond!

Days past? You mean a game past? (but yes, agree, GoW could gain a lot from more PQ inspiration)

4 Likes

If souls are requirements to craft will make it unfeasible for new players. I say for myself that I already have a game time and I do not have all the kingdoms with power level at maximum. :frowning:

2 Likes

Not true. It’s just a choice of where you spend resources. Collect and spend souls to upgrade troops (and boost power level), or spend souls on crafting to get troops you don’t have, or to ascend troops (which also slowly helps boost power level).

That said, I don’t expect Crafting will really be intended for new players. It’s more likely to be a resource sink for the mid to late game. It won’t be an efficient way to get new stuff in the early game, where every key you open has a very high chance of giving you something new, or at least useful for ascending.

As a late game player, every key I open has a very tiny chance of giving me something I actually need, as I have most troops ascended to Mythic already. Crafting will be the only feasible way to plug gaps. As new troops are added to widen the pool of collectibles, I have no other way to target stuff.

3 Likes

Sirrian likes to include all players. I’m expecting we will see some new resources, just like when traitstones came out. Something that players don’t have stockpiles of, to allow the new feature to be monetized.

Something where top players will be using the lower level of the new resources to craft higher level resources to craft legendary and mythic troops, while lower level players will target needed traitstones and entry to mid-game troops.

Souls or other existing resources may also play a part to limit new players from easily targeting high level troops.

1 Like

To craft cards i imagine we would need:

• Something new that can be obtained on regular gameplay.
    Explore battles, quests and such coul give us a chance to obtain something like pieces or card’s frames or cores, the name is not really important just the amount you need to get in order to craft cards of each rarity. It could be present as a reward on Guild tasks, PVP and Guild War. As it’s something new inserted on every game mode it works as new players are able to gather/hoard some of it while they are still progressing towards a mid-to-late game state. Veterans inside good guilds are able to obtain those too in tasks (legendary or not) at a good rate, an attainable goal.

• Something new that is related to the kingdoms.
    I suppose having a chance to get Kingdom’s Emblems would be important in order to craft cards that are pretty much very specific. Could be something to be added into Gem and Event Chests, this would be premium resource i imagine, but if it’s also distributed as a reward on weekly events it provides a good carrot to everyone that is interested. This leaves us with a problem for Apocalypse troops and the Primal imps… It would become troublesome, to not say nearly impossible, to target in this fashion unless the team plan some higher cost/restriction to craft those cards without the specific emblem.

New crafting system sacrifice a troop card to get a random piece to make a troop. Legs, arms, head, torso…:neutral_face:

1 Like

You forgot the clothes… :smirk:

4 Likes

Nah they are babies nekkid as the day they were crafted. Plus I wanted someone to freak out after they disenchanted 1,000’s of troops for souls…

6 Likes

perhaps killing troops of each kingdom would give kingdom points needed for crafting, apocalypse would get harder but still obtainable via pvp and explore

piece of card frames , if there was a lot of different types woudl become a nightmare :scream:

1 Like

2 Likes

Sacrifice 5 mythics to get mythic of your choice.

10 for legendary.

20 for epic.

And so on and so forth.

I have enough Peasants for that, so glad i didn’t disenchanted… :wink:

I don’t expect that crafting cards will be something easy or fast, but if they would take your idea i would have just two Draakulis and one Death as extras… :frowning:

:musical_note: Nobody said it was easy … It’s just a shame it had to be this hard … :musical_note:

1 Like

Since we are speculating on the crafting… I just feel like it has to be Souls + the “new something”
for two main reasons:

1. Souls are the one end game resource without a sink, and

2. Devs have stated multiple times that players will not regret disenchanting extra copies down to 4.

If 2 is correct then this becomes the logic behind end gamers opening all of those chest with extra copies of troops we don’t need. For troop fodder to disenchant to craft better troops! :wink:

3 Likes

If its speculation you want…

1. Lots of lists above have only 1 or 2 items, why couldn’t there be more?
  2. Most likely the cost must incorporate a premium currency. Gems or a new resources.

My speculation if “crafting a Mythic” combine ALL of the following:
A. a lot of souls
B. More than the number of Gems (converted to chest pulls) to obtain the Mythic by probability out of a Gem chest.
C. Plus a few x of the brand new rare resource (Mythics would require more) that can be also be purchased for real money . (Legendary’s would use less, on down the line for other rarities).

Interesting point of view … But I do not think devs will want to leave the “exclusive” craft for the late game.

I think they’ll create a new droppable troop residue item for each troop type:
Dragons - claws; Monsters - teeth; Undead - bones; Demons - horns; Dwarves - beards; Elves - ears; Naga - scales, etc.

Each time you kill any troop, there is a small chance that you will get one of these items appropriate to their troop type. Once you collect a reasonable number of them (let’s say 100), you can take them to the new recycling station where a recycling gnome will put your 100 residue into a blender along with the requisite number of souls (scaled by the base rarity of the troop you wish to conjure) to make a new troop capsule which you can plant in your garden plot. You’ll need to visit your garden plot daily to water and fertilize the capsule and in 3 months your new troop will spring forth from the ground ready to fight in your army.

Seems like the obvious way to implement a crafting system to me.

6 Likes

If they wanted kingdom specific crafting mats, make it so when that kingdom sends tribute you get a token.

“4 Kingdoms sent tribute. Adana token, Zaejin token, Silverglade token, Drifting Sands token”

Wouldn’t help with Horsemen or Imps though.

2 Likes

Plants vs Gems: Zen boredom?

1 Like