Gems of War - Guild Wars and Beyond!

Responses to the statements above:

1. :astonished::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::drooling_face:
  2. :sunglasses::+1::+1:
  3. :heart::cry::heart:
5 Likes

Crafting news is awesome, but as a developer I see this as really important. I’ve been “promoted” into customer facing roles before due to necessity, and while it’s important, it kept me from doing the stuff I really love (coding and design). Hopefully this change will let you love your work as much as we love the game you’ve created for us. We’ll miss you, but very happy for you, and @Saltypatra has a pretty big (fake) beard to fill :slight_smile:

3 Likes

foil cards almost confirmed :grin:

My problem is that in 30 years of game dev, having worked in almost every role: Audio Guy, Musician, Artist, Animator, Coder, Designer, Producer, Support, Community & even Business and HR, I’ve come to realise that I love doing everything (yep - EVEN HR). My favorite things are always going to be coding, design & community though (in no particular order) which is why I will probably never entirely give up community stuff, but it’s certainly the right time to ease back on that a little so my other responsibilities don’t get neglected.

12 Likes

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to jump in and say my little part… which is that I too am going to be backing away from the forums somewhat.

As my title says I’m the head of the Live Ops team, which means on top of managing Community and Support, I do a lot of work on the scheduling, organizing and designing for upcoming content (such as kingdoms, events, troop balances and new troops).

However as Sirrian said we will both still be around (after all I like the tradition of changing my avatar to show upcoming kingdoms). We’re also discussing other ways for us to reach out and interact with you guys that are more exciting than forums! More on that soon!

21 Likes

GEM-CON coming to a convention center near you!!! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Traitstone crafting you say? Wonderful! :stuck_out_tongue: Love the game so much, thank you guys for all your hard work and dedication! It’s great that such a fun game has an active channel of communication to the developers, seems to be more and more rare these days!

As a random aside, when playing on PC if you minimize the game by clicking on it in your tray it will still run in the background. This means playing in non-full screen mode of course. Minimizing with the _ system button however will not let it keep running.

5 Likes

First off, I don’t even know what to say about the crafting system. I think this is the first time I might have had a first-person conversation with the creators of the game that ultimately ended in something like this. :slight_smile:

Second, don’t get TOO “sexy” with Unity. Yes, it’s infinitely better than Air but it’s not perfect and this is still a mobile game too. Having good content and a functioning AI is way more important than having more explosions and flashing animations plus flashing animations use more system resources.

That being said, you guys have earned a near infinite amount of trust from me so I’m looking forward to everything!

2 Likes

Crafting System: Should we stop disenchanting troops?

I never started. :wink:

/itoldyouso

2 Likes

Just to be safe you should.

HOWEVER more than likely crafting will require some type of premium currency such Gems or something new.

1 Like

Does this mean we might finally get a Windows 10 Phone version??? PLEASE???

1 Like

Of course, on both statements, be nice to get an official yes or no though.

So it’s either Traistone Crafting, Hero Weapon Crafting, Card crafting (unlikely) or something totally new crafting?
My money would be on Hero Weapon crafting using some traitstones…

Unity FTW !
Have fun programming with it :slight_smile:

I’m sad to hear you’ll make yourself a bit scarce though :frowning:

I’m hoping for mythic crafting. Currently it is virtually impossible to get a mythic if you missed it in the first (exclusive) week, so any way of getting the troop collection complete would be awesome!

1 Like

Given that Sirrian mentioned it first in a chat about the relative futility in getting individual Mythics once they’re no longer exclusive, I’m guessing the crafting system will have at least something to do with targeted troops.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Down with Adobe Air, good riddance. Things will be sooo good once we reach Unity. Tons of long-standing issues fixed by that, looking forward to it.

3 Likes

The change for Unity plataform is really awesome. Now some of our “dream features” are a little closer to reality. :slight_smile:

About your absence from the forums Ninhaim and Sirrian it’s a shame. But it’s nice to hear taht you both will sneak some visits as ninjas every now and then. :wink: