Gems of War Competition (Win a Custom PS4!)

Hey Oz, i think I’ll join ya for a drink as well. SEA restrictions make you miss out on a lot of goodies :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Ironic considering the devs are in SEA. *facepalm

Bear in mind we can all still aim for the other stuff, just not the PS4. Oh wait no we can’t. Well sh!t.

6 Likes

The sponsor of the competition is 505 Games (who are based in Italy it seems? O.o) rather than the devs, so they get to set the rules I guess.

And yeah I found it weird the ingame stuff was opened to EU people, but not SEA…

3 Likes

I think it has to do with the laws in those countries. Not sure what they are, but they must make it really difficult since it’s always the same places discluded. Call/Write your representatives?

3 Likes

I am a US citizen but I am not currently residing in the States. Do I still qualify?
And, assuming the small chance that I can win, would it be possible to simply have one of my US friends claim the prize?

Also, what is up with Conneticiut, Maryland, Nevada, North Dakota and Vermont? Is this something political? Did they do something bad recently? :confused:

1 Like

I have been pinged in Discord about this and will be creating a new parody specifically for this contest! I am very excited!! :wink:

I want that PS4 badly!! :smiling_imp:

8 Likes

Seriously? :expressionless:
I may enter something in any case, even if I can’t qualify for any prize

2 Likes

WHY NOT SPAIN? you can receive my money from Spain BUT you can’t give me a prize to Spain? :rolling_eyes: :-1:

No UK either? Lovely… yeah legal blah yeah legal yeah…

1 Like

Unfortunately this competition can’t be open to every country due to legal issues. Of course we’d like it to be completely international, but it’s not possible at this time.

@Jainus, You can participate if you’re part of the EU. I know it’s not ideal, but it’s better than only being able to enter if you’re a US citizen.

Spain is part of the EU, and the UK is still (technically) part of the EU, for now…

Sorry to make some good news sound divisive and bad news… sour grapes probably…

3 Likes

Join us in our drinking bro! Oz, Zoo and I have started!

2 Likes

No Australia again damn I really wanted a PS4

I wrote a song but I’m in the UK, I’ll keep it to myself… Probably just as well.

4 Likes

I’m thinking I’ll make something funny with photoshop even though I can’t enter as a dev (or an Aussie!).

3 Likes

Seems like a fun community thing even if you can’t win. If only I had any artistic ability of any kind…

4 Likes

@Delinquent even without any artistic ability as you claim you could try anyway😉 ya never know you may surprise yourself! I say give it a shot ya got nuthin to lose brudda😎

1 Like

Sweets Or Gems
Courtesy of danOzzzy189talentlessstosspot

Everywhere I look it’s the same old scene
Zombies staring into eeevil screens
There seems no point to what’s going on
Spending pleasure units on some moronic con

Sweets or gems, it’s all the same
Mindless zombies playing mindless games
Gems in your sleep, sweets on your mind
The tasteless part of the daily grind
Sweets or gems it’s all the same
Mindless zombies playing a mindless game

This crazy craze is just a curse
All part of the plan to make us worse
Who’s behind it and what’s the plan?
Conspiracy, elite group, government scam?
Maybe peeps from OZ land have a hand in this
Because sometimes this game takes the piss

Sweets or gems it’s all the same
Moronic morons playing moronic games
Why we do this no one knows
Addicts cascading almost coming to blows
What’s the answer to this plight
Continue on with the daily fight?
Or smash the TV or ps4
Nah, screw it I’m gonna play it some more.

6 Likes

There are too many comments and chatters in this thread.
@Saltypatra, would you mind starting an official thread that only limits submissions later during the month?

3 Likes

More than happy to do that. When we are getting more entries I’ll compile them all into a thread so everyone can see them and then limit it to new entries.

7 Likes