Gems of War 2.0 Preview - Part II

Aren’t updates always on a Wednesday because that’s when Apple/Google want you to push them out? Based on this, I’d assume this coming Wednesday.

I thought that sounded right, but 1.0.8 and 1.0.7 both appear to have been on Thursdays. Who knows anymore.

Pretty sure I initially mixed it up with a final preview being right before an event… maybe.

Oh, maybe it’s Thursday. Or maybe it depends on time zone? Anyway, I think it’s right around there.

1 Like

All aboard the hype train! :train::railway_car::railway_car::railway_car: Choo choo!

2 Likes

Now please… this is why I am still playing this game over a year later and hundreds of hours in.

2 Likes

If I remember correctly 1.0.9 was released on the event switch, so on Monday. Earlier I don’t remember exactly, but it was mid-week.

For iOS users: how big have the updates been in the past usually? Just so happens that I’ll be on vacation next week and I’m not sure if the rental house that my wife’s family got will have wifi. Hopefully it can be downloaded over 4G or LTE otherwise I’ll be having a fit!

I’ll be watching my nephew graduate from the Naval Academy in Annapolis so it’ll be worth it, just watch some Blue Angels instead :slight_smile:

3 Likes

See that’s what I remember too, but the patch notes clearly said it was March 9, which was a Wednesday. And even if it was in American time or something, that would be behind dev time by almost a day …

I think it depends on how they handle the update, and I don’t remember the past. That said, the base package size is 84 Mb and the total file size is 200 Mb. So it could be anywhere from <80 to slightly >200. I wouldn’t expect much over 200 though as a worst case scenario.

I don’t think I have enough maps left for those new changes. Release the Tyri’s!

I believe the dates in iTunes are based on PDT since that’s where Apple HQ is. And I believe the reason why they have updates go out on Wednesday, PDT, is b/c Apple updates the store every Thursday, globally, so they want the games out prior to when the store update hits in Australia.

I checked and updates are almost always Wed and have been for the past year or so. There were some early Mon/Tues, but the last several have been Wed.

@Sirrian are the new mythic troops tied to a kingdom for VIP chests? As in do we now have a chance to roll them during their release month or week?

Just me, or did those Mythic Uber-troops look like horsemen?

6 Likes

Wow summoning is getting one heck of a boost! Guess I’ll have to go thru my troop list to see what summon fodder needs to be traited up! Off the top of my head, here are the troops that can be summoned onto the battlefield:

Abhorath
Ancient Horror
Ghoul
Giant Spider
Goblin
Infernal King
Orc
Spider Swarm
Thrall
Wight

Any I’m missing?

1 Like

Can’t wait to field the purple nurple

3 Likes

Frustration

So first mythic troop is “shortly after 2.0 goes live”, so I’m thinking I should sit on my pile of glory keys till then.

Also, it says a higher chance in Gem and VIP chests, but no comment on Event chests. I’d planned on throwing my saved up gems at Event chests to get up to speed on new kingdom fast, but if no shot at the new Mythic that might not be wise. Or it could just be an oversight in the script of the video.

Wonder what stones it will take for new tri-color troops? My guess would be (using red, green, blue as example):
Step 1:
12 Runic red
12 Arcane green/blue
2 Celestial

Step 2:
12 Runic green
12 Arcane red/blue
2 Celestial

Step 3:
12 Runic blue
12 Arcane green/red
2 Celestial

Assuming the traits are very potent and worth the large costs. Would make sense to put these in the Primal Kingdom along with the 5 mono-color imps.

There’s a reason for that.

Their names are War, Pestilence, Famine, and Death.

4 Likes

It’s the Apocalypse! Suppose there will only be four of them?

1 Like

Guessing the first four are themed together to make some uber team. But I assume there will be more, and with other themes, down the road.

1 Like