Fix the Console AI new people dropping like flies

Yes you make very clear that labelling, like justice, gets results.

Is this “incoming fix” just for console, or are there more changes coming for PC (and if so, any details)?

@beanie42 it’s for console. Console will be getting the same RNG as PC/Mobile. We aren’t seeing the issue with the “Justice League” as it’s been dubbed on PC/Mobile.

@CCafe unfortunately, changes take time. We made small client side changes based on the suggestions we received, and we are currently looking into further changes based on the suggestions in the thread. These can’t happen overnight, but the thread wasn’t useless by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, we have found it unbelievably helpful and will be referring to it when we move forward with any major changes. (These changes, if made, will require another major update. This means we won’t be seeing them for a little while.)

To clear things up, it can take several days to get an update approved. Sometimes, it will get rejected and the process has to start anew. This is fairly common when it comes to updates on XBox One and PS4.

I am pretty sure I stated before that we couldn’t release Urskaya without a client update was because of the new status effects. This is the reason Urskaya wasn’t released simultaneously on PC/Mobile and console.

4 Likes

Awesome, that should make a lot of Console players happy! (Though the predictability of the PC/Mobile AI might make them sad too…)

Can I just say that this is the best name for a meta ever?

2 Likes

Just to clarify, console will be getting the same gem spawner combo breaker, which will decrease the likelihood of the “Justice League.”

I got a big trigger happy when posting yesterday because I was rushing between classes and didn’t read over my post thoroughly enough. (Spoiler alert, I have a life outside of work, I don’t believe it either. :stuck_out_tongue: )

4 Likes

@Saltypatra With the introduction of some of the new mythics you no longer need to include the Valkrie. And I wonder if these will also see a fix. Or if the fix is simply tunnel visioned on a few troops that can loop. Though if they see a fix then it will be somewhat amusing. Given GoW just recently released them to players. Whenever you have troops that can create 10 or more gems, then match them with other troops that do the same. you then can create all sorts of fun looping teams. GoW to really put things into a playable non-looping perspective, if it even has one, needs to dial back on all troops that create a large amount of random or matched type gems. While GoW has always had a pretty good hold on RNG. It also a year ago when I started, did a fair amount to those who planned moves. These days its so heavy on the RNG who really cares about planned moves as much. I feel the prevalence to a higher capacity to RNG over applicable gem picking was introduced to be kinder to less capable players. The same way GoW removed deducting trophies from players on losing. Its being stained by a lot of politically correct. I do not mean to sound like I am complaining as it may seem that way in a few posts these past weeks. Its just getting under my skin that its sliding downhill.Eventually at this rate GoW will have to remove its humored pokes at WoW for its decision changes (which can be seen at points in various texts). As GoW is starting to follow the same path.

IE Instead of this ‘combo breaker’ to break up certain loops. A reduction to how many gems can be generated would do that in of itself. Its like driving and using drifting instead of making a normal turn kind of logic.

Not as if it affects me. However, I know of many GoW friends and just people I know that left the game over GoW’s current state. Even some guildies. I would say that my awareness is not the only one. So it does baffle me why it took the developers such a exorbitant amount of time to even come to the point with this as they are. As this isn’t a issue for a week or a month. Try months upon months upon months. Not complaining as I am happy something is finally coming. Just wonder where they were so many months ago on this. Its doubtful that they were blissfully unaware.

The next kingdom for PC/Mobile is set to be released in just over 2 weeks. Can you give us console folk any indication as to how long we should expect to wait for that? There are many of us unsure if we should bother spending our keys when Urskaya comes out if the next kingdom is going to be a simultaneous release with PC/Mobile only a week later, where keys would be much better being saved for.

(edit: Didn’t realize this was an older post I bumped, that was a mistake, but oh well)

1 Like

I’m guessing the second kingdom would be at least a couple of weeks apart.