🔥 Blazing Dragons Guild Chat! 🐉 Friends are also Welcome! 💞

Maybe you are the Headless Horseman… :racehorse:

1 Like

Well just broke another Kingdom Tribute Record! 10 Kingdoms at one Time! :european_castle:
Jan 20th 2017

@Thanos, If you are still having trouble let me know.
I will look into it and try to help you the best ways I can.

Thanks for letting me know.

@scrubzz Now you are The One Streaking Naked! LMFAO! :joy:

A shame we were kicked out of the guild. It was a pleasure being part of the guild for the last 150 days and contributing those days and quite a bit of money to you all. Enjoy It I guess.

@Wait4lalia, I loved having you in my guild. I will always be your friend.
I was thinking you needed a more casual guild with your new baby and busy week.
I will be more than happy to let you back in when you find some more free time to play.
Please keep me updated so I know when you do have more time to play.
I wish you the best of luck with everything. I hope we can keep in touch with each other as friends.

Okay, first post here, but it may be long - so hopefully that makes up for it. First, thanks for inviting me, Virginia.

Second, since your guild is “Blazing Dragons”, I thought I’d post my thoughts on how to get real, fire-breathing dragons in real life. It’s not as ridiculous as it seems.

It turns out that, as species evolve, they often don’t lose the old genes from previous forms, they merely suppress them. Evolutionarily this makes sense, as it allows for backing up when some modification doesn’t work out over time (e.g. whales retain hip-bones from when they were land animals). Chickens evolved from lizards, and every so often one will be born with the genes for teeth turned back on, or scales. The HOX genes that determine the forms of all of us will occasionally get screwed up as well, and a chicken will be born with 4 legs (AND wings - this is important, as I’m not okay with the oriental-style dragon - I want 4 legs and wings). Now, you get these anomalies (either by waiting, working with a commercial breeding outfit, or through mutagens - chemicals that accelerate natural mutation). From there, we need a gas bladder.

Fortunately, another type of animal (fish) already produces this. In fact, several animals (e.g. all the ruminants that eat grass) have more than one stomach, and what we want for our purposes is essentially a pouch that allows stomach gas to be stored up an released, kinda like belching. Since stomach acid is essentially weak hydrochloric acid, and any of the reactive metals (e.g. copper, iron, silver) will react with it to yield hydrogen gas, we will need to breed our little proto-dragons to tolerate higher levels of these metals in their systems and to have a cavity space in their chests to allow for the gas expansion. Hydrogen is lighter-than-air, and it will offset body weight at the rate of ~12 cu ft per pound. Now that means the poor dragon won’t be able to fly if it breathes fire too much, but hey - we gotta have limits.

Hydrogen won’t just spontaneously ignite though, you say. Right, just so, but let’s address size first. It turns out evolution has favored large or small animals many, many, many times. So many that virtually every species has genes for bigger or smaller that allow for rapid changes if favored. So size is actually pretty easy. The main limit was being able to fly. I’m estimating that our dragons, as planned, will be like large dirigibles - mostly gas on the inside. With that large size comes the possibility of large cranial capacity, so they can get smart too. Almost there.

So what about the ignition. Well first, they’d be kinda awesome if they just belched hydrogen gas, as it lights up with even the tiniest sparks or flames. So mostly it would work out to be fire anyway, but what if we could splice in some genes from our favorite fish-snake? Which one is that? The electric eel, of course. With a modest voltage (eels get upwards of 400 volts), you can create a small spark. So I’m thinking that, perhaps an arc potential between teeth as they belch. Nothing does this now, so there’s some R&D needing, but I’m not quite ready to launch the kickstarter campaign. :smiley:

That won’t work, you say? Okay, what about binary explosives? These are combinations of two chemical that are not explosive on their own but are when combined. The bombardier beetle uses something like this to generate steam (hot enough to burn attackers - I’m not making this stuff up! Check it out: How bombardier beetles bomb - YouTube). So what if we bred our dragons, like spitting cobras, with venom sacs that spit binary explosives? Now, the small amount might not be all that awesome, but throw a little hydrogen on that, and… VOILA!

Blazing Dragons.

• Widgetmaker
1 Like

@Widgetmaker , Sounds like a Blazing :fire: idea to me. Thanks
I have always loved science and the idea of creating the unthinkable & unknown to Reality. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Always loved the Idea of have real fantasy things that does not exists but in only a scientist head. :dragon:

Perhaps something like what you said can really happen, you know there is a real dragon that lives today.
Maybe there is a way to make them bigger in a safe way, as I do not like hurting animals. :dragon_face:

Oh, helwoo Mr. M3k4ndor. Fancy seeing you here! =)

1 Like

OMG!!! :fire: I Finaly Got Gard’s Avatar! :shield:

He was the number 1 Mythic I wanted besides Draakulus & War.

Received him in Guild Chest on: Jan 22 2017

3 Likes

I’m jelly! He’s one of the 4 or 5 I’m still missing. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I Can’t wait to build a Team with you! :heart_eyes:

@ogunther I’m sure you will get him, I’ve been trying since release to get him, 2 Freaking months to wait!
But, I’m sure you will get him, don’t give up! I didn’t & finally got him. :grinning:

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for War to drop for months now, I still don’t have him @ogunther .

Congratulations to us Blazing Dragons :dragon_face: for Making GrandMaster 1 Rank & Guild Rank 65 Yesterday! :trophy:

What makes this even more Special it’s on a New Kingdom Week with a Dragon Legendary Troop! :dragon:

I have 3 Copies so far of the New Crystal Dragon … Krystenax :grinning:

WoW!!! … I Can’t believe we already got a Legendary Task completed on a Tuesday :heart_eyes:

Our Dragons are Blazing :fire: more & more as we find Hardcore players that’s Loyal & Dedicated.

I’M SO DAMN PROUD OF YOU ALL! … GO DRAGONS!!! :dragon_face: Jan 24th 2017 + 6 Arcane Rage

Oh by the way, we completed 3 Legendary Task last week with Several members slacking,
Yes, I kicked & Replaced them already. :sweat_smile:

Ha, yeah me too but I finally got him last week so I guess that makes us even. :wink:

1 Like

:moneybag: Congrats Everyone for Completing the 5th Legendary Task this morning. :moneybag:

Now we are already almost finished with the 6th Task also… :astonished: The guild is really progressing!!!

Jan 26th 2017 + 2 Arcane Rage Trait stones. 5th Task Finished Already & Nearly complete with the 6th!