Fellow Guild Masters: What guild QoL enhancements would you add to GoW?

Thanks for the slot info.
Also a darn edit button for guild chat posts! Makes you feel like an idiot saying oops I meant… And then correcting your correction. I’m a terrible typist on these tiny keyboards.

One last thing that would be a huge benefit. Allow me to change that yellow color my posts appear as. It seriously kills my eyes! When the screen flashes at the end of a match is horrid for me to.

I’d also like them to add the ability to send a short message with the invite. On rare occasions, we recruit from global chat. Sometimes these people don’t have an account on this official forum. Also, some of them don’t carefully read guild chat. So, it would be great to let them no some key information like our private forum url and other miscellaneous information in a welcome note.

1 Like

As a recruiter, I can understand why people would want this. However, as a player, I would not like to get unsolicited invites. There would be some aggressive recruiters that would send unsolicited invites to top 100 leaderboard players. There would be newbie gls that would send unsolicited invites to people in global chat.

If they did add this, I would hope it would be an opt-in feature only that is off by default.

5 Likes

Youre a clever kitty. Somebody actively searching for a new guild could toggle it on.

1 Like

Great idea! Added. :slight_smile:

I agree 100% and modified @kzintiwife’s idea slightly to account for this. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lol no worries. :slight_smile:

Point 11 makes me wonder if I could gather 1500 seals (not claim them), then switch guild, claim them there and the whole 1500 would go towards the new guild.
In my view that’s a bug… At the very least when you leave your current guild, all of your unclaimed seals ought to count for your old guild, probably by mailing them out to you at that point of time.

1 Like

Agreed. I believe you can only claim seals for a specific guild while in said guild (though I have not tested this). I think seals earned in a guild should automatically be added to the guild as they’re earned. You can still let players “claim” them with a button, so they have that satisfaction but the guild total should always have the total seals earned up to that point in time, no “authorizing” necessary from the players. This way everyone in the guild has the same amount of time to claim their Guild Chests regardless of when people claim their seals.

Currently, if your guild is at 38,500 claimed seals and it’s getting close to reset time, most players are going to spend their seals assuming that the guild isn’t going to make it to 40,000. If a player has 1500 seals sitting unclaimed and then claims them at the last moment, they’ll be able to get the 40,000 seal chests while none of their guildmates can. That’s just not a good system.

2 Likes

@ogunther Thanks for adding my suggestion :slight_smile:

I really think being able to see what last weeks donations were per individual will really help discern who is not pulling their weight. It won’t matter for casual guilds, but leeching is an unsavory practice in any environment.

1 Like
  • The ability to add or remove more guild ranks and give custom permissions for each rank.
  • The ability to set the minimum player level above 100 for open recruitment.
2 Likes

Ah great ideas, @DamageInc! I’ll add those to the list when I’m back on my PC. :slight_smile:

Ability to reward a player for reaching a certain goal, as an example they get 200 trophies in one week, I would be able to gift them 3 of my maps.
Otherwise I really would like all of the points in the original list.

1 Like

On the Guild Roster Screen I would like to see an extra row showing Totals for that week. Namely, Total Members, Gold, Seals, Trophies.

It would make it easy to compare current performance of the team against previous performance on a particular day of the week. Are we doing better or worse than this day last week?

For motivation, If we are close to a particular target we can nudge ourselves to go that extra yard.

2 Likes

Very interesting…

I had previously suggested that there be a sort option for the total for the past week per player, which I’m not sure if that’s what you’re talking about, because initially you say weekly, then refer to daily? What data specifically are you looking for?

Do you mean to have a static total updated real time in order to put the data in a spreadsheet? Or updated at the end of the day, that you may check it again at the end of the next day and put it in your spreadsheet in order to interpret the performance lag/boost per day?

In all honestly that seems to be a spreadsheet data scenario, and it’s arguable that if you’ve got the data to refer back to then you’d be on top of what was being donated already, no?

I wonder how it would be implemented? And is there a need for a Daily review when the game reset is weekly?
Food for thought :slight_smile:

Hmmm… OK. Not daily, not weekly, I mean ‘on demand’.

When we click on Guild > Roster data is extracted from the Server Database and shown on screen as 30 rows of data. Giving levels, names, gold, seals, trophies.

All I am requesting is one extra row to be added to the bottom of the 30 rows, showing totals for the columns.

Hope that clarifies things. :slight_smile:

Edit: I don’t really want to be adding rows of data in a spreadsheet until the end of the week. I am fine with that. All I do is take screenshots and enter into my guild admin spreadsheet. Those GM’s (like our previous one) who don’t use a spreadsheet can just take screenshots and ALL the data is there. So, another reason why some GM’s may like the extra row showing totals.

1 Like

A little bit similar to 13. but it will be great if guildmaster can give gifts (keys for example) to reward a member: high activity or best build with one troop or whatever.

Another demand is to have an external file with all the data of the guild so we don’t have to write them manually.

1 Like

Updated the list with everyone’s additional ideas. Thanks everyone; keep them coming! :smiley:

An easy exportable data sheet that sends an email once a week to me telling me who all has done what in the guild.

1 Like

This would be the holy grail. :smiley: