Favorite game of 2016

I played FFXIV as well pre 2.0, had max levels of everything and about a billion in gil. Had pretty much every item and got bored, took a break for awhile.

I attempted to restart about a year ago, and they were unable to restore my character and retainers… How sad… so I have not played another day. Not going to start over :frowning:

Same here!

1 Like

Oh yeah I forgot about that game, Far Cry Primal was a brilliant game too, just not GotY material in my opinion.

The new survival mode on hardcore made it GotY material for me. Before they introduced the survival mode it was nothing special, because it was far too easy. With a lot more survival in the picture it smacked even Dark Soul 3 for me.

Not really 2016 game, but discover this game in early 2016: the witcher 3. One of my favorite game expérience in my whole gamer life. Amazing story, and one of my favorite bad Guy : gaunter o’dimm. The only problem is when you finish this game, you only think : damn i Will miss you so badly geralt!!
And of course gems of war is damn good too :grin:

4 Likes

FFXIV keeps dragging me back in. Played on and off since the game launched, and yeah, the story is amazing. Especially towards the end of the 2.0 patches and onwards. Maining a Miqo’te Dark Knight, though I’ve progressed from Ninja and Warrior in my time. They’re all at 60. XD

There’s been so many great games released in the past few months especially this year. But Witcher 3 Blood & Wine has probably been favourite experience of the year so far. Though still looking forward to FFXV.

2 Likes

Maybe time is going fast, Was ‘Soma’ released in 2016 or 2015, damn that game was great…

I think if the remake of Final Fantasy IX came out on console this year that it would have been the best game of 2016, at least the best remake. Hope it is coming in 2017.

Resident Evil Remastered was an incredible good, my favourite number in the series. I am hoping that RE2 Remastered will be out in 2017.

Of the games released this year that I played, Overwatch was easily my favorite. The runner up is probably Stellaris.

I’m really waiting for The Last Guardian. I have such high hopes, after waiting for so long…

My game of the year is Witcher 3: Blood and Wine. It’s DLC, but that shouldn’t matter when it’s bigger than many AAA games.

Favorite games of 2016, does splatoon count?

Well, since Devil 3 and StarCraft 2 are getting repetitive, and I finished Elder Scrolls and Risen 3 (not 2016), still playing also Pillars of eternity and Dragon Age 3, the best game of the year is one called GoW.

Have you hear about it?? really addicted.

I hear that GoW is pay to win. I wonder how bad it is, hopefully it is not another match 3 game. (Is this sarcasm, yes it is.)

XCOM 2 easily and by far! :smiley:

GoW? GoW is not a game. This is a drug ;D

3 Likes

Ewww… Gears of War fans… Gems of War is so much better.

Unless you only started playing that game this year, Splatoon doesn’t count (it came out last year).

The first 3 Gears games was good but Judgement and Gears 4 however were not my kind of games, I find both of them to be a let down (Gears 4 was an improvement over Judgement but still not better than the first 3 games).

Does anyone here recommend playing first titles of FF? From 1 to 7 (since they are available for android).

Also what about mobile games of the year? Good ones are always hard to find because everyone writes about same games, and the hidden great ones (like gow!) are never promoted.
I mean so many say games like angry birds are the best. Maybe for a 10 year old but most of the promoted games have no depth I them or the reason to play for longer then a week.