Famine badly needs a nerf

and put him with gorgotha and tds and it is filled almost every turn, plus the extra turns the seem to get also, every time they cast, but now i am just putting teams out there for people to use, i learned my lesson,all mono team isn’t that important as just using 2 and just winning.i did lose one other match yesterday, kerbos, 3 casts and 3 devours, yep, 50%, someone once before said his 50% is 100% ai, and 0% user, 50 %.it’s just funny the luck the ai gets sometimes, but i also know i get my share of luck too, like i said before i am done complaining about this, it is what it is.i got my mass disenchant button, i am happy.

2 Likes

Forget nerfs.
I think Gard’s Avatar needs a buff.
Lower his mana cost to match Famine’s.
They make good counter cards to each other.

6 Likes

It’s funny you’d bring an Avatar Gard’s buff to the table when not so long ago (like 2 months) I remember someone was complaining about not having fun playing this game anymore because Avatar Gard was too broken (note : as an INVADER not a defender, AI can’t use him) and was winning games faster using it than playing any other composition he could come up with…

I don’t have the guy though, but I’m pretty sure he is more than fine where he stands.

It was probably me. :stuck_out_tongue:

Gard with Hellcat / Alchemist is one of the fastest offensive teams in the game. But people rarely talk about nerfing troops that are primarily used on offense. The complaints are about losing to certain troops on defense.

GW changes the dynamic a bit though. With a one color team, it’s tougher to create loops, and cards like Gard seem more balanced.

1 Like

There is a neverending discussion to be had about rebalancing the base mythics to come closer to eachother powerwise. Currently they range from being objectively overpowered over just being very strong situationally down to being outright useless in most scenarios.
Much of those imbalances are connected to the spells mechanics themselves though, and aside from one exception i can think of, the Devs seem to only be willing to change mythics manacosts not their spell’s mechanics even on those that are obvious misses design-wise.
So focusing discussions on the most extreme outliers seems like the way to go.

There was something deeply satisfying about facing an all beast + FG team, first turn Mercy cast filling Famine, and obliterating a troop while draining the “fast” mana from FG today in GW. Twice.

4 Likes

My Yellow team is all Daemons. I didn’t even realize this until I faced a Gard team and they all got silenced. Totally forgot he even did that too. Quite the shock. Ultimately it just slowed the win, but that was only b/c the AI is so bad with him.

Either would be fine. I don’t care that much about Famine, though I must admit his “mana drain all enemy troops” most annoying about him (for me anyway)…

2 Likes

It’s not Famine that is the problem. It’s multiple Famines.
Just like Death Mark is fine, it’s Mass Death Mark that is an issue.
Just like a Devour is fine, it’s multiple Devours that are frustrating.

I think some troops should be considered uniques.
Most Mythical, for example. It evens fits the lore. There is but 1 Death, right?
So, something generic, like a Snowy Owl or a Rock Worm, have no limits.
But when there is a name, should be unique. The Great Maw, Kerberos, Apocalypse Troops, Krystenax etc…

This system already exists in most CCG like Heartsone. Big bad legendary cards can only be used once.

1 Like

I disagree. I think Famines spell alone is a problem on its own.

2 Likes

Maybe. I admit i find 1 Famine quite challenging. And in a team with other menaces, like say a Kraken and a Kerberos, it’s hard to decide who to kill first.
Multiple Famine is no challenge, just frustration.

Maybe base mythics should be restricted to a single copy, like heroes. I know one of the devs was a proponent of no duplicates whatsoever. This should be an adequate compromise. (Gotta preserve that bombot traitstone farming team.) Back on topic, I think 24 mana should be enough of a nerf for Famine. It’s just ridiculous that he gets filled up way too easily and after he casts, you will have further problems getting mana because you have already took all the relevant mana from the board before while attempting to fill your own troops without a surge. I try to fight Famine teams but once they cast once it’s usually the retreat button for me. In our GW bracket fortunately I haven’t have had to face much Famines.

2 Likes

I see lot of complain about famine but what about Justice? This A** hole is everywhere since dev nerfed bone dragon. They nerfed courage but they didin’t have to do it since bone dragon was already nerfed and the result is nobody use bone dragon now cause he really suck.

The real problem is justice when she loop over and over and over and then catch lucky skull during cascade and one shot kill your troops one by one after 30 turns. Beat this team in normal pvp is easy but when you are restricted to a mono color team this team can really be a pain in the a** exactly like famine and dragon soul together

7 Likes

Grave knight be a better bet now because he’s going to be stripping all that armour no matter who you are!

You on console?

I don’t see Justice very often… and hardly see it as a threat if I do…

4 Likes

I’ve never had an issue vsing Justice. Never. The AI isn’t good enough to use the troop very well. Oh lets make blue and red gems, even though a) there aren’t many red gems on the board and b) I don’t have any red troops.

2 Likes

He’s a twat on console, mab and justice has had me retreating a few times.

2 Likes

You should try on console, she can loop over and over if you don’t have mab to stop her. like i said it’s only a problem in GW cause we are restricted with mono color team

1 Like

A mana increase is all I really wanted and I’m very happy that will be happening.

1 Like

I only see Justice teams maybe 10 times a week at most. I have done 474 battles this week and have seen the Justice team maybe 5 times and beat it easily everytime. Even in guild wars it isn’t a real problem.