Famine badly needs a nerf

since you can observe the power creep in unit releases, the mana drain will not (and is not) be kept as a counter to spells only

the problem lies not in keepign the mana drain limited, but in offering more viable counters to spells (spell damage reduction, more webbing options etc)

and since we are moving to unity we may see completely new effects that could also influence or counter spells

i dont believe holding onto the old way to not progress with mana drain and its proper counter is the solution

im aware and completely fine with that, i think it works out when you look at how it works with devour and deathmark

I wonder if a counter-trait to Jinx would somewhat improve the situation, similar to how “Cursed” is the inverse of “Blessed”. Something like “Boon: Double your Gem Masteries”.

2 Likes

i wouldnt mind if they were added besides the immunity traits :slight_smile:

(but that would nerf your mana drain spell countering just as badly as the mana drain immunity dont you think? xD )

out of the two i think nicer is still just the immu:

try to fight a team with famine and mana-drain-forced-target troop xD

I was thinking of something like this too… and have suggested it before, somewhere or other…

1 Like

You don’t HAVE to use a mono colour team…

The amount of times I see you come in here complaining about this and that, it appears to me that you need to improve the team building aspect of your play.

Cue :violin:

I can only repeat, introducing a potentially harmful new defensive passive(cause impervious as devour counter already proves so much fun, right?oh wait…) that will make several balanced troops that are not a problem borderline useless, just to dampen the overwhelming effect of one op troop a bit, is a stupid approach.
I hope Famine gets manashield himself, that would be some grade A meta level irony.

to me it actually does bring more fun (reduces the unfun moments greatly)

Granite skin
Impervious
Aspect of Famine

give him this and that should balance things out in meta. hahaha.

you are loosing the Jinx? that would nerf famine too much, man

Lost another 3 fights in GW today because of Famine. Every fight he gets up in 2 or 3 turns and because of jinx it takes longer so he always gets up before me and one shots everything.

2 Likes

It may be time to consider specific Famine-killing decks. Have a gem transformer with the lowest cost possible, a +2 banner for a non-blocked color, and a heavy hitter/mana drainer that is fed by the transformer. If you can fill your transformer in two matches, that should beat out a 22-cost Famine unless spells/statuses are involved. Apologies if you’re already doing this.

they already have one, desdaemona. the issue is famine dominate GW defense and people are too fixated on color day bonus to use or build around her.

1 Like

I didn’t lose, but had a 30 minute fight because Famine kept killing a troop and then draining the rest. Summon more troops and then the process was repeated over and over until eventually I baited him with skulls.

I think if Famine simply lost Jinx it wouldn’t be so bad.

2 Likes

I have use Nyx which drains Famine and fills Giant Spider but even with that Famine can still easily get up first especially when my first slot has a lot of mana and I can’t leave skulls because of Psion.

1 Like

That happened to me too but I lost my summoner so I was stuck with a Warhound vs a Famine and Aurora.

If Famine lost jinx I don’t think the mana shield buff would even be needed.

2 Likes

Interesting.

1 Like

Sir Gwayne summoned it

1 Like

I don’t think hillbilly famine caused you to lose, I’d say it was the composition of your team by the sound of it…

Regardless of team composition, that Famine has Jinx is salt in the mana-draining wound. I would wholeheartedly endorse a change from Jinx to Cursed.

3 Likes

Sure Jinx gives you slightly less surges, but as someone showed above with high masteries even two Jinxes only brings the surge percentage down to just below 50%. Hardly, game changing.

Which should be easily mitigated by, as you said above, banner choice and team design (including link traits were possible).

1 Like