Error while contributing gold to guild task

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?
I was donating to a guild task and got the error I took a screenshot of. Hitting escape cleared the box and when I tried donating to the task again I received a message saying the task had changed. I checked the activity log and it says I completed the leadership task but no gold was removed and the task is a new one now. Guild tokens are there from completing it.

What are the steps to make it happen again?
Not sure.

Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!

Well, obviously the solution is to call success/error. C’mon people, help yourselves help yourselves!

4 Likes

On my PC/Mobile (iOS) account, I frequently get an Error while contributing gold to a guild task.

This typically happens when I finish an entire task by myself, with one lump sum that completes it from 0 to 100%. To date this hasn’t happened when I break the contribution into two parts of, say, 30000 and 8000 to complete a Crafting task.

Whenever I get an error it also reports that the task has changed and that it was completed by someone else. It HAS been taking my gold however. I’ve been assuming that the “someone else” is still me because the log only shows my donations.

The error I’ve been getting looks like this:

Sorry
[ERROR_GUILDTASK_CHANGED]ID:12017/12017/12018

The previous time the error code listed was this instead
ID:12018/12018/12017

…Who you gonna call??

CODEBUSTERS

3 Likes

I get that guild task change error frequently as well. I usually just ignore that one. I’d not seen this one before which is why I ended up putting it up here.

1 Like

Yep with slow loading mobile Internet connection I get error every couple quests that someone already completed the quest. Even though that someone was me xD

1 Like

I got an error code today while trying to contribute to build task too. Error message had a whole heap of code in it.