Error code: -505

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?
Download GOW from playstore. After downloading it gives me error code: -505
What are the steps to make it happen again?
Try to install the game agin from playstore
Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!
No, sorry

Hi Cleric,

It could be a -505 Error on Android, which is related to ‘insufficient storage available’. Could you try using instructions from this link: How Fix 'Insufficient Storage' Error: Delete Cached Files in Android - Tech Advisor

Let me know if that helps.

1 Like

That means 505-games don’t like you…

3 Likes

Does that mean 505 games should love me for this?

On topic: If Nim’s suggestion doesn’t work Cleric, maybe try to take a screenshot of the error code message and post that? Might make it easier to figure out where the error is coming from.

3 Likes

The 505 Illuminati confirmed

1 Like

:laughing::laughing:

Thanx for the reply. Sadly the App and the steps to manually clear the cache did not work. I have more than enough space so this baffles me. But thanx for trying to help. When I Googled the error they said to factory reboot as a last option and that scares the hell out of me.

I logged a ticket with support, so, fingers crossed. Thanx for the advice.

:laughing::laughing:

Somewhere on Google someone also suggested that I get this error because I previously installed the game (which I did, and deleted it :frowning: ) or that I might have moved the game from my phone to my SD card (which I think I did as well). Sadly, nothing seems to work. What are your thoughts on factory reboot because I will be without my PC for a few months and want to continue playing the game.

My sons sometimes get this error while trying to install games, even though it shows it has enough space. What I found works is removing the SD card, installing, and then putting the SD card back.

Aah, thanx, I did not think about that, thanx, I’ll give it a go :slight_smile:

We are able to recover accounts (if that is what you are worried about), as long as you know your hero’s invite and level; or if you had previously linked your account up.

(We can try to find accounts without the invite code but it’s hard and not always 100%).

However I do recommend doing the Factory Reset as a last resort only.

did it work?

Nope , nothing works but I got it to work on my old PC again. Thanx for all the advice guys!

1 Like