dUde I herd redeem codes were back maaaaan [COMPLETE]

To be sure, the site should be changed to not require caps or hidden knowledge of underscores. These are simple operations in software and will save them in support costs down the road.

7 Likes

Yeppers. First the pain though.

As said previously if the code is dead it will SAY that. “This redeem code has passed its maximum uses.” If you’re getting a “save” error, something is being input incorrectly. Whether copy/paste, mis-capitalization, or missing ghost _ or some other undiscovered reason.

1 Like

@Nimhain

I am also concerned about the potential unintended consequences of allowing code redemption without a password, thus allowing one person to redeem the code for an apparently unfettered number of users.

4 Likes

The thought has crossed my mind, as well. A password should be required.

1 Like

Before the button was removed, Redeem Codes were getting taken from my videos and nuked from orbit before my videos had 8 views. Several reps from large guilds were camping them and destroying them. I had to literally resort to verbally distributing them using the Nato Phonetic Alphabet. I have no incentive to incur the botherosity of adding codes to my videos if the intended audience for them has no chance in hell.

1 Like

Regarding caps, you’re right. It’s so trivial, I have no idea why they didn’t just add that from the beginning. The undescore thing, however, is not as trivial to solve, as some invite codes do have actual spaces in them. The real solution should be to make sure underscores are not invisible when viewed in-game, but that would probably require a client update.

And what would stop a bunch of people from sharing their passwords with each other so one can redeem for all? Or what kind of system you had in mind that could actually stop this from happening?

Agreed. My site tries to use your invite code as typed, and if it fails it replaces spaces with underscores and tries again. I don’t think it’s perfect (as it has failed on occasion with trailing underscores, which are invisible to the user) but I’ve only had a few people contact me trying to get help registering.

I mean, with a password (your account linking password) it becomes possible for someone to log in with someone else’s account and spend all their resources. At that point it’d be like sharing a password for the old redeem codes, albeit with less cumbersome login requirements. (Under the old system, you could have given me your user name and password and I could have logged in as you to redeem a code, but you’d have to trust me not to be bad – that’d be similar to what a password would require here).

My User Name has a space in it. Tried both with and without underscore between, and did not work. Also added underscore to the end of both kinds, and neither of those worked, either.

EDIT: Well, my Invite Code does, that is…

Are you on Console? I’m fairly sure these codes are only for PC/Mobile at the moment. Console invite codes are completely separate from PC/Mobile ones (different format, etc). Would require a game dev to confirm or deny, however – it’s possible that game redeem codes are universal now.

1 Like

Lyya
Are you on Console? I’m fairly sure these codes are only for PC/Mobile at the moment. Console invite codes are completely separate from PC/Mobile ones (different format, etc).

Yes, I am. I had asked that question earlier, and had not gotten a clear answer.

Thank you very much!

Error while saving usually means a problem with case. Both the code and the invite code should be all caps (right now)

Can you only redeem codes for PC? How do you redeem on iOS?

iOS is Mobile which is the same as PC. So the Game Code link should work on iOS accounts as well.

1 Like

iOS shares account structure with PC. You find your invite code in Options and then go to the site to redeem.

EDIT: sniped by @Ozball~

1 Like

Holy cats it works! @KrudlerTheHorse your my hero for the next 24 hours!

2 Likes

This is still working?!??! Thanks for letting me know!

2 Likes

it has now passed its maximum uses.

thanks, Krudler

2 Likes

Thank you for letting me know. Now I can edit posts accordingly.

Passed it’s maximum use now.