Double Rainbow

couatl might have some potential with guild guardian cards, who knows maybe the create can be good enough to repaint the table reliably enough
or at least the rainbow would happen when you fight against it chuckles

1 Like

i let the 2nd guy cast when doing the quest - just to see the x :slight_smile:

1 Like

When I was idly reading through Dragon Soul’s traits just a minute ago, I noticed that his 3rd trait now has the same next as Demon King’s Immortal trait. Is this some sort of a bug, or some sort of a really dumb stealth-change?

Best regards

It’s temporary:

Yay, very cool troops :slight_smile: and my X cut idea for gem destroying finally makes it to the game… :slight_smile:

…which reminds me @Sirrian @Nimhain any chance of an update on sorting out EULAs and reviving the Design-A-Troop programme?

1 Like

Aw, thanks for making it clear. :]

Best regards

just got a Couatl from gem chest, is that supposed to happen?

Any clue if the Remnant has been added in the gold chests now?

Really feel like Couatl needs some kinda damage or another effect on it to justify this thing being an epic at 12 cost with no control over the gems created.

3 Likes

Interesting thought, have it only create a color whose gems are already on the board? That’d be difficult but not impossible to manipulate.
Although it probably adds needless complexity.

It should at least be a colour you currently need

1 Like

I agree with Couatl being underwhelming for its cost. At the same time, 12 gems is a lot. That’s the sort of thing Webspinner was toned down from because it would nearly guarantee an extra turn. But this doesn’t do anything else, plus its random. Hence underwhelming.

5 Likes

Maybe it should’nt have been random? Or would it have been too strong then?

What about let it create 12 gems of the gems sort which is most of on the table.
That would had been nice.

It might just cost too much for what it does. If it was reduced to 10 it might feel less underwhelming, at 12 it definitely feels like it needs an extra effect of some kind - maybe throw a status effect in?

Unless the status effect is to freeze the top troop I cannot see that increasing its chances of being used

2 Likes

Having fun with these troops. Current team:
Dragotaur
Couatl
Dragonian Rogue
Sheggra

Feels too strong, that’s basically guaranteed to result in an extra turn and multiple cascades. I’d rather like to see this the other way around, create 12 gems of the color least present on board. A comeback option once the board has been depleted of the color you need. Possibly adjust number of gems created to balance risk vs. reward.

1 Like

Im not sure if it would be too strong if its mana cost was rasied. After all the only thing this troops does is to create gems.

A team of

• something that converts to yellow or purple, to get it started, preferably not using that color
  • Coatl
  • Moloch (third trait) and/or Plague (third trait)
  • doesn’t matter
    Would then be able to win rather easily I think. Just ensure either yellow or purple is the most plentiful and keep chaining Coatl into itself, regardless of its mana cost (as long as it isn’t outrageous like 30, and even then).

There’s a reason Anu’s Sceptre can’t destroy blues (which it should state, btw).

3 Likes

With the right setup, it would create gems, grant an extra turn and trigger various more-than-3-gems-matched-traits, over and over again. You just need to make sure Coatl keeps feeding itself, after the board settles the previously dominant color is very likely still dominant, and Coatl ready for another round.