Dojo mode for testing

This is totally offtopic, but…

Wulf has grown on me since Guild Wars. I use him in one of my teams that hasn’t lost a game or troop yet. Lots of mystics I wouldn’t look at twice in PVP have awesome utility in GW.

Back on topic…
I agree that the idea B that I mentioned in my earlier post might be bad for the devs’ bottomline.

If a game mode existed like idea B, I wouldn’t ever chase another card. I wouldn’t be in a guild. I would just play that mode and be in heaven. My favorite part of the game is deckbuilding and matching gems. This mode would bury all the things I don’t enjoy in the game. However, I doubt that game mode would be healthy for the devs’ wallets.

That said, for every player like me, there is a player who is the opposite. They would never play that mode because they are more competitive and want to chase leaderboards or want the thrill and randomness of collecting.

I’m not sure which type of player makes up the majority of GoW’s customers.

2 Likes

So you’re saying that Arena mode chases away players?

I met mr. Poopie pants once…

Arena mode is crippled in many ways. You don’t have access to traits or any card above UR.

Plus, you must use the hero, and you are only presented choices from a pool of 9 random troops. It is far from pick any fully traited troop you want from the whole catalog and give it a test run.

Not in the slightest! :astonished:

In my example I am dealing with a specific end-game scenario. :smile:

Arena is a mode that caters to new players, giving them “experience” with troops they may not have, is a REWARDED game mode, AND perhaps most importantly pins the AI with the same “disadvantage” as the player. Troop rarity, lvl 15, limited traits, etc.

Two very different things. :wink:

1 Like

It’s also a refreshing change of pace for mid and end-game players…

1 Like

Hrmmmm… Dont know 'bout that

I made Mr. Poopy Pants once… :innocent:
:confused:
:fearful:
:flushed:

… um… I mean… uh… never mind :sob:

1 Like

The counterpoint to this is that if you have something worth purchasing/chasing, giving somebody a free taste should encourage them to want it. It’s a pretty sad business model that relies on selling something crappy by keeping it hidden from consumers.

Also, there is a third option, and that’s simply a Dojo where you can only use cards you own. This would allow testing out your own cards and specific defenses without changing your actual PvP defense, which is a greatly desired feature. This would also potentially increase the likelihood of people to chase for cards they’re missing, so that they would be available for testing in the Dojo.

Personally I don’t see the dojo happening though. I think it’s a good idea, but I think there are many other good ideas that players would prefer to see and that would monetize better. So this idea might be worth being “on the list”, but I doubt it would ever move to the top of the list. Still fun to “what if” though.

2 Likes

I think this is the real MEAT of the argument.[quote=“beanie42, post:50, topic:24656”]
This would also potentially increase the likelihood of people to chase for cards they’re missing, so that they would be available for testing in the Dojo.
[/quote]

I believe it would 100% do this.[quote=“beanie42, post:50, topic:24656”]
Personally I don’t see the dojo happening though. I think it’s a good idea, but I think there are many other good ideas that players would prefer to see and that would monetize better. So this idea might be worth being “on the list”, but I doubt it would ever move to the top of the list. Still fun to “what if” though.
[/quote]

AGREED. :wink:

1 Like