Devs, your Luck AI changes have ruined this game!

i second all the complaints. GW is pain in the ass because of endless cascades. No fun anymore. As most above i play GW just to help the guild. if i have a good day i win 2 of 5. I am above lvl 1000 and i combine my units to get as many bonuses as possible and also have all units fully traited. but when the kraken appears (just one of the xtra heavy opponents i know there is nearly no chance. While my units have 20 attack, 30 health to say a number the ai opponents sometimes have 100 health etc. from start. How can that be ?
And then the the ai luck destroying your minimal chances. Often i beat 2 of the ai units, but then my 4 units are wiped out in one turn … very frustrating. I got even tips from my guild master but it does not help. Units who could take away blue gems or create other gems i need are destroyed before they can make one turn.
Or i have nearly all units filled with mana and then all mana is taken away by the ai.

3 Likes

Sorry, but I wouldn’t blame it on cascades truly only. If 2/5 is a good day for you you better get some help from your guild mates. Or you better practice some teams. Not everything comes freely, not even in Gems of War.

4 Likes

how does watching RNG-infested AI kill you in one turn feel more like a game? How does killing AI in one to three turn with cascade without you even realizing what happened feel more like a game?

13 Likes

and what do you say about a unit called “Teddy” ? gets +33 defense with one turn and collects all mana colours. I only find garbage units in the glory and jewel chests … are mythics only for vips ?

I had better results in GW before. Also i don’t spend hours in studying endless combinations of units. i want to play, not reading zillions of topics of game theory. How do you want to beat opponents who have double stats in every category ?

Nothing is ever going to get fixed if we can’t even get on the same page as to what is broken. If people keep claiming the AI and the AI alone is getting lucky, the devs can just cite the tests they have already done showing equal amount of “luck” on both sides, or do new ones that will likely give off the same results - time wasted, nothing gets fixed. Ridiculous spikes overall (cascades, more mana) are the issue. Those of you losing much more often are probably attempting to use “honest” teams that give any kind of opening to the AI. Either bring overwhelming amount of damage to kill off their key troops before they get a turn or hard loops. Lean in, kill them before they can do anything. It works most of the time, and the times that it doesn’t theres often nothing you really could have done anyway. I find this kind of an issue as it takes a ton of otherwise viable teams off the table, and teams are basically tools you could use to solve a puzzle in different and interesting ways. Solving the same puzzle in the same way gets old much quicker than solving the same puzzle in different ways.

18 Likes

It would be strange if CPU never got the chance to roll over me with for example a troll/kraken team, it means that the team also works for CPU then. The only difference is that I roll over them fairly more often than what CPU do to me. Heck, I also get tons of cascades, so why should not CPU have the equal chances of getting those?

it seems some hardcore gamers like the xtra hard ai. i can’t believe the stats the ai often has or how quick the ai stats rise. when my 4 lvl 20 mythics are wiped out in one turn then i think this is a bit too hard. Or ?

Even a plan does not help when your troops are not able to make at least one move to weaken the ai.

1 Like

Now I see your problem, you might be in one of the top brackets and your working with your kingdoms etc getting them to PL5 as well as try your best crossing your fingers getting some luck when opening chests, to get important troops. With other words possibly mid-game. Then I would have made a thread where people can help you with what you have nowadays to build the best possible teams for each day, does not have to be 4 daily colored teams. Why is not that thread up yet, this community is on fire when it comes to help. :wink:

1 Like

there were times when i won in GW 4:1 or 5:0. The last months this is impossible.

regarding my troops: i have a lot of good units after playing the game for while. At level 1000+ i think i am not a beginner and also not midgame. but making progress is xtra slow and having a lot of kingdoms maxed also does not help. I simply don’t know how the ai can have so much power. the same opponents in pvp are not such a big issue.

i realize you were trying to point out AI should have equal opportunity as human, while i was trying to point out the system is now rely on one turn luck more than strategy. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

No worries.

and still: anyone facing “Teddy” ? i quit the match when teddy had 150+ defense. i still had my 4 units, but impossible to beat that beast.

I am not 100% sure but I think you lose about 200 points by quitting any GW match.

1 Like

this monster appeared in pvp.

King Mikhail?

1 Like

Yes. Which makes goblin ridiculously unstoppable last week. Heck, even no extra turn exploder always get extra turn lately.

Also, thank you for keeping it short.

1 Like

no, the unit is named “Teddy”.

I am not sure which troop that is. Possibly you play on another language than me.

it was the opponents “Hero”. as said collecting all mana colours and so able to add 33 to defense every 2 moves …

Ah, now I understand you, its a player then named Teddy.

This weapon I think?