Devs, your Luck AI changes have ruined this game!

that’s what i also wrote, finding a better place on the board. it seems we have a talent to misunderstand each other …

We(PC/Mobile) did not had +4 gem surges for a long time, but it was fun as long as it lasted. Now most probably back to the regular or what we are most used to. I think I will survive, hope I wont miss the +4 gem surges too much. Also close to no reactions from console players on this, as they was used to +4 gem surges as well as had zero problems with it? Have all of them muted this thread. :thinking:

hahaha

well, i am playing on PS4 ! just see this thread is pc/mobile only. lol.

The CPU/Unity etc is now standardized for all the platforms, so any changes made by the Devs will be the same for everyone.

All I can say is told u so, as soon as pc updated the complaints flew, while we were all told it was in our heads, so therefore we have gotten used to this and rather not waste the time over it. Pc ppl matter, console players just keep their numbers up.

3 Likes

But I’d rather keep the surges as they are, because this is the only way I know the game. And I think all that would do is make matches way longer.

3 Likes

Not really longer as it would make color converters way more useful than they are now. So, if you use converters, matches will be actually faster. If you don’t use them, it might make matches slightly longer. And one DS or Gorgotha explosion will have smaller chance to fill mana for all cards.

I think the impact of 4x speed is also noteworthy. Console forces you to think more b/c the controls don’t make it as easy to match as quickly. With 4x speed on Mobile/PC (especially Mobile), it’s really easy to get caught up in the speed and make bad matches.

The mana surge on match 4 = 8 mana has benefitted the AI more than the player because of the original problem, the AI gets more “bonus” cascades from most every match 3, and defintely gets more “bonus” cascades from exploding the board (e.g. Fizzbang exploding green will then cascade to fill more troops). Now when the AI gets a match 4, it will just get 4 mana instead of 8, so hopefully this will stop the steamroll of Goblins, and the Wisps shuffling the board to magically get a match 4 over and over.

This does not however fix the original problem. If the player explodes the board, on average, no Mythic troops will fill due to no “bonus” cascades. It will require another turn for the player. However for the AI (with the artificial boost) when it explodes the board, there is almost always 1-5 more cascades of match 3/4/5 that fall and very often fill a Mythic (e.g. Famine).

4 Likes

I had to stop using troops that explode and create x number of gems. It came to the point where it only ever benefited the AI.
When a good portion of troops become unusable, it sours the game slightly.
The main team I used to use became useless, as did my favourite troops.

2 Likes

I’m surprised the blob match calculation has not been brought up here. This is a huge part of what makes some of the less thoughtful options way more powerful and the spammy teams more viable, since you wont naturally get them except with spawners, coming prematched off cascades, and very specific converter alignment. For example, certain gem configurations can refill Yasmine with as little as 7 gems matched and a +1 banner, and the right configuration of 9 gems will fill an entire team on that color and yield 10 match 4+ trait fires. In Adobe, this same configuration would have granted 11 mana, and one trait fire for either of them. The “logical” amount of mana granted would be no more than 2 mana per gem and either 1 or 2 more for the banner, with no more than 1 or 2 trait fires per “blob” but I’m not sure if the game wouldn’t be better suited with just how Adobe did it.

9 Likes

I’ve mentioned it a few times, but I don’t think many notice it playing on 4x.

1 Like

That’s a good point, actually. Do you know how mana calculation worked under Air? I know that, for example, a full board of Skulls actually generated less damage than one with holes in it, but I don’t know what the logic was behind it that caused this outcome.

Nothing exact, just what I gleaned from testing a while back. I do know that certain shapes where two match 5s would overlap (like a ‘C’ or ‘H’ or ‘U’) would only give credit for one of the match 5s and the other 2 ‘extra’ gems would be matched away with no extra mana given. Similar with blobs, if they couldn’t resolve as separate matches, they would resolve as one, cap at credit for 5 gems, and remove them all. The only time you would correctly get credit of 2 mana per gem matched (with surge) + banner for matching more than 5 gems were when the matches did not overlap on more than one point (eg., extended “T” or “L” or “cross” patterns, long straight lines). More often than not, you’d run into a blob overlap and get capped at credit for 5 - this was so ingrained that I didn’t even realize you were supposed to get more mana for matching more than 5 gems at a time until well over a year into playing the game after doing thorough tests. A full board of mana in Adobe generated something like 40 mana I believe (I’ll have to dig up my post, I used tassarion to fill two famines to test), which is way less than even the expected “two per gem matched with surge”, but still resolved in such a way that at least part of it avoided the “blob nullification”.

2 Likes

Welcome to what I have been playing with on console it’s been on console since day 1 so good luck with dev’s changing it at all.

1 Like

In a similar vein, Wisp hasn’t yet been released on console even though the troop is almost two months old on PC (released on July 24). We’re caught up on every other non-Mythic troop except this week’s Asha (no relation, I’m sure). One possible explanation is that they think the troop has a problem and needs an adjustment, but if that is the case, why wouldn’t they just say that they are looking into it? Maybe there is another explanation, though.

6 Likes

Just fought 2 Psion/Famine teams in GW today both battles whenever Ragnagord cast he filled himself and Famine EVERY SINGLE TIME and most times he was getting an extra turn. I tried that team and the best I could do was 14 mana on Famine most times it was 9 or 10 and never got an extra turn.

3 Likes

you are forgetting a match 4 is rather suppose to be a baby toy not a hardcore game
at least thats what for i installed it. (and probably most of other players did)

6 Likes

I lose a handful of games more than before, but this is still not a hardcore game, and far from it.

sure not hardcore yet (besides maybe some top pvp rank racing which takes no-lifing to the hardcore in a way)

but not anymore enjoyable baby toy it was expected to be

3 Likes