Devs, enough is enough, Communicate!

I play on mobile…and for me anyway it seems it is working just fine…Sometimes I get the extra turns… Sometimes the ai does…be kinda boring if the ai never got any and there was never any challenge

Yes, Its been that way on console (Unity) for a while. If you leave a high Guardian Statue Guild your PvP Gold per battle will skyrocket (all else staying the same).

@Strat @grundulum

I believe I was the one that proved that PVP points per battle skyrockets when you leave a high-level guild, but I didn’t track gold per battle in that work. If someone else did that experiment, I’d be curious if you could point me in that direction so I could take a look at the results.

1 Like

I remember @death said he was getting more points and gold when he did switch team

3 Likes

You get more gold and more pvp points from being In a lower guild, mana bonus and statues play a huge role.
The most points I get are 51 and gold about 3200, a lower guild can get around 60 points ands 4 k

2 Likes

Not going to happen before crafting is release tough but at least they know there is a problem

3 Likes

Just to second this. In a guild I would struggle to see battles worth 1000 or more. Now that I’m out, my top battle was 2000. My multiplier is lower but overall my gold value would be higher.

3 Likes

Fair enough you guys are ambitious, love your job etc.
But people are complaining about game breaking changes, ninja sneaking in algorithm implementations that completely change the known gameplay - including the fresh patched in content

• without adequately testing it
  • in the middle of the GW week
  • on live Servers
  • to your players disadvantage

And u as Developers should understand and respect that.
(i’m not talking about threats or unconstructive criticism)

You are using ingame popups for weekly events, news and advertising the DLCs / Offers (like the path to Glory package etc).
Where is the big issue to use those mechanics to give every player punctual short info + link to the latest (up to date!) patchnotes ?
Would solve a lot, if you start to communicate adequately there would be no need to answer 126387542 Questions, Complaints and Topics that keep you from work.
Keep your Community informed about the current status and people will be happy and maybe less toxic if something went wrong.

Btw did you ever think about something like a ptr (public test realm) ?
Afaik it is neither the established nore the adequat way to throw in insufficient tested content
(patches/hotfixes/balancing whatever) in the middle of any ongoing operation (in this case the guild wars).
If you are “…trying to juggle a lot of difficult tasks at once…” this could be a solution.
With more time available and more people testing your work in progress content / changes you have the possibility to prevent a lot of issues, bugs, unwanted functions etc. It lowers the possibility you might have missed something as well.
You can get feedback before your players get backstabbed on live servers and go crazy about the failed “improvements”.

Those kind of bit by bit solutions no one knows about and no one is really happy about would be prevented as well.

9 Likes

Sorry if I was misunderstood, I meant this thread specifically wasn’t the appropriate place as it was off topic. It’s better in it’s own thread or in the feedback thread.

As I said we will be looking into this issue again as we don’t want players at any stage of gameplay to feel that the rewards are unfair. We are always looking at ways to improve gameplay and we have listened to the concern expressed before on this specific issue.

6 Likes

Sounds fair to me. For low level players those resources are a huge boost, high level players have other options available to spend their money on. Scaling what you get for your money based on player level is unlikely to be considered a fairer solution.

I don’t know if it’s different on PC and console, but on PC I find Jarl Firemantle looping just the same as it was previously.

The thing is it shouldn’t happen in the first place, you cannot sell something that produces more gold for people who want to make more gold, and then reduce it through another mechanic which is what sirrian said not long ago to “protect the game economy”
You are taking peoples real money and then protecting digital worthless game money… think about that.

For the people saying leave the guild to make more gold, thankyou for enforcing my point, why the hell should someone leave a guild that does well to go to a lower ranked one to make more gold?
Defeats the purpose and punishes advancement

@YerMa yo brudda check it out…

Devs, enough is enough, Communicate! - #99 by Vangor

Really what more do you want? Blood? Take it easy and give them time…

4 Likes

What is it with the title in this very thread that makes me laugh so good? Its like Trump talking to North Korea on his twitter LOL

2 Likes

Oh where, oh where can one begin? For one thing, I don’t know what exact words the OP used for the title of his thread. Whatever they were, it deserved to be changed which the OP acknowledged later. Same thing with the guy who demanded that his issue deserves to be addressed. Yeah, elsewhere where it belongs, Pal. I hope you went out of your way to submit a support ticket showing evidence upon evidence of what you’re experiencing so the devs can dig into the matter which will obviously take some time. @Saltypatra is right to call your post off-topic.

Seriously. Why oh why do people need to inflame their thread or post just to get the devs’s attention? Will the very thing that @Sirrian shared in this thread do enough to change this practice. Ideally, I wish it would, but realistically, fat chance in Hell. The short attention span of people these days will not change overnight. Oftentimes, they will feel terrible whenever they’re shamed into it, but not long after this awareness is made known, they forget and repeat their inflammatory rhetoric or have a clear disregard of the rules governing this forum just so they can be heard. Enough already. These devs are human. I don’t doubt one word that they have posted. They’re busy. Try reading one line of code after another and tell me how much you like it. Yeah, right. Easy to talk like my Dad says. And he’s right. Very easy for an individual to shoot one’s mouth off these days; Quite another for a community to hold one another accountable. If this thread can be that turning point, then we will all be made better for it.

Keep up with the good work @Sirrian , @Nimhain , @Saltypatra , and the rest of the GoW team! Don’t mind the door hitting those brats on your way out.

4 Likes

I think some people do not appreciate what is involved in making a game and striving to improve it. Hats off to the devs for it. For those who are berating the devs, why not make your own and see if you can do better?

3 Likes

I’m the OP, this is the original title. When they changed it, I changed it back. It does not go against the rules of the forum so they have no business changing it. I also never acknowledged that it needed to be changed either. I’m sorry you don’t appreciate or understand my reasons for titling my thread, but I do and honestly, I’m ok with that. Either way, it worked…it got the devs attention and started a conversation that needed to be had so I call that a win.

I think we do appreciate that. What we don’t appreciate is being left in the dark about game breaking bugs. No one is too busy to take 5 minutes and construct a quick post. Plus, as has been pointed out many times, salty is the pr person who’s job is to let us know.

I respect your comment but unfortunately there are people on this forum that don’t and will find any excuse to give the devs grief. This is not aimed at yourself but a general observation of comments on this forum that I have seen by the minority. Guild wars is causing me problems on console at the moment like many others but I am sure it is something that is being looked into. There is obviously a lot of things that need delegating and therefore patience has to be a virtue. There is a way of venting frustration and there is a way of personally attacking people. The minority need to take a deep breath and think of what they are going to write before hitting reply.

6 Likes

Not in the habit of necroing threads. But it seems like we’re right back here again. And I think it’s important to point out that there’s now a pattern of dropping the ball.

5 Likes