Design-a-troop Project Part 2: Troop Concept Ideas

I am also very much in favor of the Human Legendary Daemon Hunter idea. I want to see a non-monster Legendary, ideally one of the “common” fantasy races of human, dwarf, or elf, since none of them have a legendary.

I also happen to have a fantastic girl-crush on empowered females. :shrug:

4 Likes

There are 15 daemons. There are 17 Humans. Only 4/7 Blighted Lands troops are daemons.

Not only does Daemon work much better than any other troop type for Blighted Lands, Krystara, and especially the Blighted Lands, needs more Daemons!

1 Like

I think we need more dragons. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Lyya, it sounds like what you really want is Hel, the goddess of death and daughter of Loki. She’s a Daemon!

Something like one of these two:

1 Like

But none of the humans are used for anything…with the exception of maybe Anointed One.

I love the aesthetic of the Diablo 3 Demon Hunter, and having a troop based off of it would be awesomesauce.

4 Likes

Alchemist and Acolyte are humans! I also want to see Legendaries for the common races, I just don’t think Blighted Lands is the right place for it. Elf = Zhul’kari; Dwarf = Khaziel; Human = Karakoth. Daemons = Blighted Lands.

Well, to be fair, Whitehelm has an Undead quest companion and a Daemon Legendary boss. :stuck_out_tongue:

I would like to see a berserker. Same theme as the tortured hero in story. A troop that was held in thrall and broke his chains for revenge. Someone who is pure offense with the legendary trait that allows health gain based on the percentage of damage done.

1 Like

Yeah, and it’s super annoying! Pesky dragons and undead and klnights getting in the way of a sweet Divine team!

Perhaps this would be a good opportunity to introduce dual class? As mentioned we already have enough Daemons lurking about and too few puny humans! One of my favorite villains is Randall Flagg AKA The Walkin’ Dude from Stephen Kings novel The Stand. Maybe have a concept of a Human Daemon with some sort of time shift or electrical spell. Or have someone based on Mad King Aerys “Burn Them All!” Targayrian from GoT. Maybe have a ‘napalm’ type of Burn status effect that is permanent like poison and cannot be cleansed?

EDIT: heh my Randall Flagg spell could be ‘Captain Trips’: Inflict Deathmark and Disease on all enemy troops. :wink:

1 Like

There are 15 daemons in the game, 8 of which are legendary, and 5 with extremely common use. There are also 5 troops with daemonic pact.

There are 32 legendary troops in the game, daemons make up 25%.

There is not a single human, dwarf, or elf that is legendary.

We do NOT need another legendary daemon.

4 Likes

concept and theme

Example Name: Doomcaller (it goes very well with the theme)
Race: A corrupted Human or Elf Cultist who is calling for the end of times. In exchange for daemonic powers he is serving the Infernal King.

This troop will be unique, in that it will use skull matches to power up its spell!
Yes, you heard that right, the first troop in the game that uses Skulls as a mana source.
Furthermore, part of its ability will have a negative effect, to offset gaining mana from skull matches. Namely Death Mark on a random ally or even all allies (strong flavor with regards to the Kingdom).

I always wondered how we could use Skulls as a mana source, and this seems the perfect opportunity :slight_smile:

EDIT: Changed the picture to better illustrate the race (previous one was too much like a real demon)

2 Likes

Likewise, we do not need another Legendary Dragon. There are 6 Legendary Dragons, 4 of which see regular use, and Borealis looks to be a solid 5th.

I gonna go with some kind of Mech/Construct:

Long time before they were called the Blighted Lands, an ancient civilization lived where now the immortal king reigns. When the daemons invaded they tried to defend their lands, but in the end could not stop him and his legions and had to flee to the eastern continent.
Not many traces remain of them, but the few people that visit the lands report to have heard deep rumblings from far away, and some swear they saw a giant figure in the distance, almost touching the sky, wandering the wastelands.

Yeah so this is supposed to be some kind of defense technology that was left there. Unarmed but huge, striking fear in the hearts of anyone who sees it from afar… Maybe less so once you get closer.
It is hold together barely by some long lost technology and a fair bit of magic. :wink:

I did not find a decent piece of artwork though… It definitely not supposed to be some kind of futuristic battle mech.

More something like this: Fantasy Mech by R-Tan on DeviantArt
Minus the people and the water and the forest, plus wasteland.

It looks like we’ve got three votes for a human Demon Hunter! How is this all going to work are you going to pick the most popular things and then do another poll?

1 Like

Yeah, exactly. Every round we submit a bunch of ideas then @Jainus takes those ideas and creates a poll for us to vote on and determine the ultimate winner.

Please don’t critique based on what you think the game needs or doesn’t need. That’s what the vote is for, and don’t trash the ideas please that you personally don’t like.

Put your idea up and then please give others a chance. I’d rather not dredge through 200 posts arguing yes dragon no daemon yes daemon no human etc etc. Let’s just have the cool ideas please.

1 Like

Ok, that works.

1 Like

I was thinking how nice it would be to have an enhanced human fighter, I had been thinking Darkstone, but it seems like people feel it would fit in Blighted Lands well.

A troop along the lines of River Tam, Buffy, Vampire Hunter D, Van Helsing.

A Troop that:
relies on health, and agility or regeneration, and not armor.
accelerates as battle becomes more furious
supports allies

I, personally, like trigger on opponent spells like Grudge and Inspiration, yet I don’t think they offer enough in the current meta.

We have Avina, Atlanta, Ghirlee, Elwyn, Ferit, Raven that just don’t instill fear in you when you face them. I’d like to see a troop that helps all the humans gel together to be able to use their adaptability to combat, not just daemons, but what ever is coming their way. All these humans have slayers traits, yet who is going to stick them in from to have it be useful.

In the game, I think the humans need a tank troop. So many of the troops that you think would be human on the front line, become knights or divine. Perhaps the troop could even gain the benefit of all the Slayer traits in the army.

3 Likes