Death Curse needs to go... at least from guild wars

No it wasn’t fine. 2 turns wasn’t fine. Neither is zero. The best compromise was always 1 turn. Random effects that cannot be countered are not fun. The only reason we haven’t heard this outcry about Death is because not everybody has him. You can be assured that if Death were as readily available as DK, this discussion would have been had much sooner.

1 Like

And when Mercy dies before you can cast?

1 Like

What if Khorvash dies while the enemy Death Knight is still on the board? Or if Manticore dies before it?

True, as mechanics go… but it wasn’t crying out to be fixed… to me at least, can’t remember ever losing a troop to Deathmark until the dopey Death Curse trait turned up…

Nah, not buying that. Loads people have Death, I see it up in PvP defences very often. It’s just not much of a threat.

For Faminists it isn’t yeah. Then again For Faminists there exist no spell based threats at all. But sure lets deal with this joke of a troop Deadknight first before we touch the most absurdly overpowered troop in the game currently.

If that argument would count then Death Curse isn’t a threat either as i have never lost a troop to that.

Emperor Khorvash?

Just kidding… though I think this is an exaggeration of the Famine problem… yes it’s a bit over-powered, that spell cost should go right back up to 24… but it’s not really breaking the game, for me…

So our gaming experiences differ. For you Death Curse is cancer, for me it’s Famine.

Much (but not all) of my issue with Death Curse could be solved if the troops that do damage and then stun instead stunned then did damage. The problem is that RNG often gets you into the situation where you can no longer stun the DK to prevent the curse from going off.

It’s BOTH.

(Edit to reflect the point about Death Curse applying Deathmark)

I haven’t found anyone who doesn’t want Death Curse which applies Deathmark to every troop to change…specifically since the RNG side of the AI is when it seems to work awesomely.

Personally anything that can kill all four troops that rely solely on RNG - because you killed the opponent troop -which you have to - to win a GW - is WAY overpowering.

1 Like

There was a whole heated debate on this forum started by people that didn’t want a change to DM.

1 Like

I actually was going to change that since its’ Death Curse that someone pointed out we’re talking about who is applying Death mark.

My concern is the same as the others ’ Anything that can kill every troop just because I killed their troop and is solely at the mercy of RNG - is over powerful.

Even the little I hear they are planning on doing - still doesn’t take into the account - YOU have to kill that troop to WIN which will put that mark on everyone. That is the OOOPPP of all.

1 Like

the reason i was against the deathmark nerf is because there is so many looping troop that can kill every troop before your 1 turn grace is done

Well i was one of the people arguing a Death Curse change is unneeded, as i felt i have enough tools at my disposal in the game to deal with that threat, and i still stand by that statement 100%.
But ultimately i also had no real interest in the Deadknight class and its traits, as i didn’t find it exciting, and was not planning on using the class, so i and probably the other forum members on this side of the argument let it go after a while of discussing the principles.
Generally speaking i find Death Knight to be significantly weaker than at least 3 other Hero classes, and don’t think Death Curse poses a threat to general game balance(just to the surviving troop aspect of GW which caused the uproar), but i also don’t think it adds any special flavor to the game that needs to be preserved either.

2 Likes