Death Curse needs to go... at least from guild wars

I know we’re talking about DeathMark but empowered mana drain/true dmg needs to go DIAF too! 3x Spirit Fox, whilst annoying but beatable in standard PvP is simply holy hell against mono-color GW teams. It’s giving me an ulcer :confused:

5 Likes

Deathmark is in a tricky situation because already for invades with it being able to kill on turn one item not OP. now making it go another turn with the possibility of cleansing first? Would be a nerf.

But in defense it’s the most annoying thing.

So I vote nerf, even though it might take away an invade teams fun

Death curse needs to go, Courage needs a nerf, GW point system is unfair. Seems like the only thing people do on this forum is complaining.

3 Likes

Exactly. And while in regular PvP one unlucky dice roll is just a shrug - in GW points are distributed in such a way that you lose about half of you current max possible gain by losing once no matter if you lose first battle or the last. The first one only gives 50 points + bonuses, true - but if you lose it you still fight for those 50 pts. and will never get to the paragon battle. And so on.

5 Likes

Part of the problem which now becomes especially apparent is multiple troops of the same variety. Wouldn’t it be the right time now to allow only one, at least in GW? #3spiritfox #2famine

2 Likes

I said pretty much the same thing yesterday:

DK’s trait right now is just adding unnecessary trouble to a feature already controverse in some points, i believe people wouldn’t be mad by losing one troop or even a battle if their team don’t perform as good as they expected, following the color’s restrictions, but losing maybe your entire team to a single trait is plainly infuriating and it will occur every now and then and build up frustration that can be avoided.

I know we won’t agree on that issue and this is the last thing i’ll say in this thread, but this is simply not true in any way.
It is actually really fing easily avoidable. If killing the DK in your final turn sequence is no option (which is rare in my experience) then you literally only need to put in a single stun spell troop to keep the DKs trait from triggering on kill, without having to break the daily colour bonuses.
It may be inconvenient and you may not be willing to take that extra effort, but it is as far as anything can be from being “unavoidable”.

1 Like

My suggestion for a light nerf would be that only one death mark can process on any one turn.

If you wanted to go further, perhaps lift the cleanse rate for this ‘curse’ from 10% to 15 or 20%.

4 Likes

“The nail that stick up gets hammered down.”

Although the proverb refers to individualism (and not Nerfing computer games). Surely you can see that many people have noticed some areas that could lead to a better play experience. And they what their opinions read by others (a few times) :wink:

I agree people should balance their posts, but that’s just human nature. Perhaps you should create a new thread to counter some negativity “I love the GW point system (and anything else about GW tbh)”.

1 Like

You complaining about that?

14 Likes

A-freaking-men!

2 Likes

How many red cards have stun and are actually useable in end-game PVP? DK is avoidable with stun but that’s about it.

It’s not just about PVP - DK could make GW a really boring, annoying mess where people are forced to avoid 4-color teams just to preserve a win. That takes the fun out of it, just like when people were using the same Invade team over and over to counter the endless stream of Bone Dragons. This isn’t about winning and losing at that point, it’s about lack of variety and the game simply getting stale.

After all we went through with the Bone Dragon mess, why would we willingly go right back there?

6 Likes

Lololololol

1 Like

Let’s change the focus here to what I think is the real problem.

@Sirrian / @Nimhain / @Saltypatra,

I think it’s pretty clear that people are concerned about the effect that DeathKnight might have on Guild Wars. They were concerned when he was originally announced and you changed his 3rd trait but it appears that wasn’t enough.

I don’t think changing DK a 2nd time is really the answer. What is the answer is to fix Death Mark itself.

Back in the day, it had a 2-turn grace period. Everybody, including you guys, agreed that was too long and made DM too weak. Unfortunately, you went straight from 2 to 0 and that was simply too far. Having half your team die before the little arrow even appears over your troops to start your turn is simply not fun, at all.

PLEASE, change the grace period on Death Mark to 1 turn. That keeps the effect somewhat interesting and still makes DK very powerful because he still marks all 4 cards. It just gives the other team a fighting chance at getting off a cleanse, a chance that they just don’t have right now.

This change would go a long way to calming the current angst that’s dominating the forums the last couple of days. I hope you will at least consider it.

12 Likes

I am in two minds as to whether this design is better or worse than the original spoiler-ed draft.

Well it might be.

By removing it from the game?

Joking, I think you are onto something here, was considering same intervention myself.

Yes, +1 to this.

Then taking a cleanse into the battle gives everyone a semi-viable approach (depending on what colour day we are on), and it might discourage the DeathKnight grief (or make it feel less necessary)

Let’s get this done so it can be SpiritFoxes all the way please.

3 Likes

Then change Spirit Fox to Fast then we’ll have World Peace :wink:

2 Likes

can you guys honestly not deal with a spirit fox? Thats just sad, you shouldn’t have free reign to use elspeth/mercy in every single match. Spirit fox is 100% fine. So it takes you a min longer to finish the match, why cry about it? As long as Empowered troops that nearly win the game on turn 1 exist, fox should stay as is.

3 Likes

I personally don’t have an issue with Spirit Fox but let’s not get off topic here.

Stay focused on Death Mark. :smiley:

1 Like

A Spirit Fox? Is there such a thing ? I was under the impression they only hunt in packs.

But to stay on topic: 100% yes to a 1 second turn grace period on Deathmark.
Edit: this would have to come with some kind of compensation for Death though, probably a very significant increase in its scatter damage or its ability to scale.

1 Like

Maybe death mark should also kill a maximum of 1 card per turn?

Or when a death mark triggers, all other DM’d cards have a xx% chance to “snap” out of it…