Dear devs, please fix your cheating AI on console

I’ve watched 25 minutes of your stream and that’s all I can afford to do right now. A few comments:
First, a big issue for you is team design. You are relying on Kerberos to charge and devour in order to win, but you put your most important troop in front with no protection. Put Kerberos and Kraken in the back and use a “tank” in front to soak up those skull matches. Astral Spirit is on your team, but you are treating her as an after-thought and aren’t using her strategically.
Second, there are a number of times when the very things that you are complaining about when they happen to the AI (i,e, “bad luck”), happen to you (i.e., “good luck”) with no comment. For example:

1. at 12:48, as you are complaining about the AI getting a 3 match drop in from the top, that same drop also sets you up for a 4-match. When you take that 4-match, a 3-match skydrops in for you.
  2. at 13:35, after Behemoth casts and destroys some gems, the board that you get contains 2 4-matches. After you take the second one, you get a 2x cascade.
  3. 24:25, a 4-match falls from the sky for you just after you complained about the same thing happening for the AI.
  4. at 25:11, you are complaining about the AI getting a second skull match, but you set that one up yourself. Even after that, the board leaves you a red 5-match and you make no comment.

At 21:00 the AI had 5 red gems in a row drop in from the sky. This is the one thing that might be a genuine issue, and if you see my previous comments in this thead and others, you’ll see that I’ve been saying this for a long time. I think there is something different about the way gems are replenished between the console version and the PC/Mobile version. However, I am not convinced that this happens more often for the AI than it does for me.

For the record, your success rate on devours was 3/4 on Kerberos, 1/2 on Kraken and 0/1 on Sandshark while I was watching.

Overall, my assessment is that you had average to good luck in the fights that I watched, but were convinced that you were having bad luck because you failed to see the good that was happening to you.

11 Likes