Daily Troop Discussion!

LIL’ JOHNNY BRONZE

#MAKEPIRATESgreat

1 Like

He’s actually not too bad I think. Though the handicap is how limited the methods of gaining a treasure map are.

He’s was in a team with Tyri, Skullbeard and Kraken. Haven’t played it since the new update so not sure what it plays like now.

His viability goes way up if you’ve collected at least one treasure map. The problem is collecting at least one treasure map requires a lot of luck or a cascade so massive that you’d probably have what you need to close out the match if you weren’t using Li’l Johnny Bronze. At zero maps collected, he is a hazard to the entire team, and will likely get your entire team killed via misfires before you can collect a map. The two skull shields tanky enough to weather the misfires consistently both share both his colors. The average perceived “value” of a treasure map and the fact that they are sold in the cash shop is really hurting him here, because I doubt they will buff the treasure map finders to be 50% or 100%, but thats what really needs to happen for him to be usable. At that point, though, they’d have to tone down his boost ratio a bit, because he gets kind of ridiculous if you manage to collect 3 or more maps (at 2 he is about a post-nerf bone dragon, high risk/high reward). Also, I have no idea why he has Impervious other than to fill some kind of balance quota by handing off Impervious to “bad” troops. Not that he should lose Impervious, as that would just make him worse pretty much no matter what it gets replaced with, I’m just not sure why he really benefits from it, either by design or thematically.

As he stands, I’d buff his base skull create to 9, lower the boost ratio from maps to 3 or maybe even 2, and limit the effect to 18 skulls total. If possible, up the map find to 50% (on his entire family). Make the spell still very risky but progressively deadlier, but in a less spiky way and not straight up likely to get you killed during the beginning.

7 Likes

I think he got impervious so it could be used as a kraken counter, in last slot. He should have the general trait and giving him a summon would be ok too. His summon could be whatever the merlantis common is.

He should summon a Pirate, I think.

1 Like

Hes a master with the canons. 40% chance to kill an opponets kraken. When using his spell, could be added.

1 Like

Summon 1—3 ships cannon?

2 Likes

BONNIE ROSE

Solid single target damage. Nice boost mechanic dues to being able to gain gold relatively easy though matching. Decent traits.

Only bad thing is how resources are limited per battle. Uncapped gains in battle, then just limit afterwards.

1 Like

Agree here don’t think she needs much work. Couple merchants and extra gold generators and she’s a one shot machine.

1 Like

Her spell is pretty cool, and very strong in the early to mid game. Too slow to be end game viable, but I think that’s okay.

Only complaint is that Invigorated is a pants trait. That problem’s not limited to Bonnie, or just to that trait. Most traits, esp the flat stat boost ones, have negligible impact on the game once anyone is past level 50… as in, by the time you have the resources to unlock it, it’s already obsolete and not worth unlocking…

3 Likes

GOBLIN KING

The only goblin without extra turn.
I do say that he should give all goblin allies a life gain. Summon a random Goblin.
And get an extra turn.

Life gain does not need to be huge, and doesn’t need to scale by magic, it can be a constant number. Also he should have Leafy or Rocky Storm trait in his 2nd trait I think: When an enemy troop dies summon a Leaf/Rock Storm.

1 Like

Should it read. Summon a random Goblin. THEN give the Life Gain so the summoned Goblin also receives the Boost?

He is the KING after all, he should be able to summon the BEST (ie boosted) Goblins. :wink:

1 Like

Good points, brudda! :wink:

Absolutely doesn’t need to get an extra turn… too many of those already, and just makes no sense for such a huge fat slow guy…

Agree he needs a buff… if he’s gonna sit there with so much Life, how about have his spell scale its (buff) effect based on his Life…

4 Likes

The Queen is fat as well, she still has extra turn… Goblin King should absolutely have it too…

I’ve said repeatedly that she shouldn’t have one either! for the same lard-butt-obesity reasons, plus her spell hits plenty hard enough for its cost…

3 Likes

Well, I say extra turn, feel free to say no extra turn. :slight_smile:

1 Like