CRAZY Guild War Idea.... BUT

Its a little strange to see that number 1 gets 100 copies, and number 40 gets…dont have game open now, but not many… The problem is that the rewards should be washed out a little more. I am sure that they will change it with time.

2 Likes

I will agree with you on this point. I’m in one of those top tier guilds benefiting from having big statue numbers. However, I don’t think it is fair that a great guild in Bracket 2 will have to climb a mountain to survive in Bracket 1 because all those guilds have been around longer.

I’ve already said a couple of times they should change how color bonuses are done to make it fair.

So, yet again, the OP is the wrong solution for the problem.

1 Like

I would add some milestone rewards you need to do with your guild

Win 50 fights
Win 100 fights
Win 200 fights

Reward could be gold key for easy , glory key or glory for medium then gems and gems key for hard

Mean Machine is in Bracket 3 and whether we come in 1st or last in our bracket, I will get 20 copies…
That isn’t right… :rage:

There should be a wider range within each bracket.

4 Likes

Black Dragon. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Shout out to my homies!! :tada:)

2 Likes

I totally agree.

i really hope you are right and i am wrongbut i was trying to fight for this before gw was released with no success so im not expecting much changes anymore :sob:

Sorry was thinking Black, wrote Blazing! But they’re awesome too! :wink:

Oh and[quote=“Ashasekayi, post:22, topic:23178”]
So, yet again, the OP is the wrong solution for the problem.
[/quote]

Really? :cry: :broken_heart:

:wink:

1 Like

there is hope, maybe the rewards are given after the brackets are re-sorted for the week

Hug it out?

First off, I’m in a guild around 400 so this doesn’t apply to me, but it’s just what I noticed.

Here’s my only issue with everything you said in the original post. After Myzmer comes around twice (and lets assume Anonymous wins both weeks), Anonymous will now have a hard time recruiting new players to join their guild because if they can’t participate in Bracket 1 anymore, that means they will be getting 10 or less troops, depending on how low of a bracket it puts them in.

If I were looking to be in a top 10 guild, I would choose one that still had a chance at getting the 100 GW troops.

Great point! The counter argument is that though you would admittedly be earning old GW troops at a lower rate. When the NEW troops drop you would be in the fight of your life for 1st place in the top bracket. :wink:

1 Like

:hugging:

:grin:

1 Like

1 Like

I don’t adore you @efh313. :wink:

Or anyone really, other than myself, and maybe @lyya.

I also don’t like this idea at all. Cannot seeing it working practically at all.

A different way of solving it, probably equally impractical, but hear me out:

• suppose it is Myzmer week
  • all Guilds participate in the wars same as usual
  • if a player in the #1 ranked Guild in this week’s GW table has Myzmer at Mythic 4+ copies, they get given a prize in gems or keys instead, and their Myzmer 100 copies goes into a cascade
  • the cascade picks up all the surplus Myzmer prizes from #1 placed Guild and gives them to the #2 placed Guild (/30 members, rounding down)
  • if any of these aren’t needed, plus if any player in #2 Guild doesn’t need Myzmer, it goes to the #3 Guild, and so on

This could easily go wrong in calculation, but should be easy enough to model. I could do it in a spreadsheet in about 10 mins.

With this method, the prizes carry on down to the next most deserving (read next highest scoring) guild, and as the top guilds max out their stuff, the prizes make their way down into the lower bracket, making competition more meaningful there too.

6 Likes

I would be more than happy to see this! Saves a lot of headache of figuring out who can/can’t participate and creating a Champion’s Bracket.

But also allows for more resources into lower guilds, without having to effect the TOTAL # of cards introduced which was an important factor to the devs.

Very nicely done, @Jainus… … … Even if you don’t adore me… :wink:

Another idea could be keep the rewards table as it is, but give a bonus say… 10 of the troop to 1st place in a bracket, 5 to second place, and 3 to third place. That could promote some competition within the bracket outside of just trying to move out of it.

5 Likes

how about making 2 leagues:

one that would reward mostly exclusive cards and one that would reward mostly gems?

normally i dont like leagues as it means less rewards in general but this would solve the problem at least partially i think

it will be more fair if we give less cards to winners and more cards to losers. surely by some calculation, everybody will get the same amount in the end. winners get little by little but get them all because they win all the time. losers get more because obviously they don’t play as much and it would take forever the regular way. this way it will be fair and everyone walk away ascended to mythic fast and happy.

p/s: i’m just joking.