CONSOLE: Swamp Thing

5 Likes

You can be a Debby downer all you want. And by no means am I trying to tell you to “shut up”. That’s not what I was saying at all… I was just giving another point of view rather than “Wahhh console is far behind, we’ll never catch up, we’re not catching up nearly fast enough! You analogy is wrong, you don’t know what you’re talking about (essentially)”

A lot of the things that I read on the forums on console side suggest anger and resentment towards devs.

Also, news to PC is news for you since every thing that is on the PC version will be on the console version. So when they are telling information on updates and such for PC, they are also telling it to console players… Because again you will be receiving this content.

And obviously there will be more whiners and complainers on the platform that is more popular.

You can misconstrue everything I say, though. That’s cool too.

My message is this: give it time. Delays can happen. If it’s not out by the end of the year, proceed to grab your pitchforks. Development is a bumpy ride and you’d think people would understand that… But perhaps not.

Have a good day, thanks for the discussion!

1 Like

Youre exaggerating again but have a nice day

Robert this is only going to go one way. Nod and move along. When you meet a modern day Ghandi just agree.

2 Likes

1 Like

Just got Marsh Raptor with a Glory key. I thought they were just with event keys when they are the weekly event.

Wow, the whinging, whining, and crying seems to have hit a new level. The unnamed guilty few must have been hell for their parents around Christmas time.
It’s these “type” of complainers that make devs want to release as little info as possible and not make any future promises. So by all means, keep it up. That way the next dev news will be patch is dropped and we’ll be completely surprised because they won’t tell us anything until it does.

1 Like

If the devs just released the patch, how would that be different than most every other time? I highly doubt the Devs are so childish to punish their own players for being curious about differences in versions, and when things are going to be set right. You’ve hit a new low Scrooge. They’ve told us what’s going to happen, but there have been set-backs and some people still have questions.

Delays always leave people feeling some type of way. Usually upset.

Sirrian always tells us what he knows when he knows in regards to patch scedules. The more people beg, whine and moan the less he is inclined to keep us in the loop.

Oh I didn’t know you were Sirrian’s neighbor. If we in the community need to know all things Sirrian, we’ll come to you. Thanks resistance. :+1:

I would guess that people want to know the details of the catchup no so much because they don’t trust that it will happen, but because they’re worried about whether or not they’re preparing for it correctly, and whether or not they’ll be satisfied with their personal outcome at the end of it. There’s little doubt that game will reach parity, with all the same kingdoms and troops available on all platforms at the same time. The concern is that they won’t have the opportunity to get as many troop copies or traitstones as they would like because of the compressed time period.

At the same time, the devs are reluctant to release details for a number of probable reasons. Things might not go as planned, or plans could change, and then people would feel betrayed, because they prepared based on information that turned out not to be correct. And not everyone reads the forums, so even if the information does turn out to be perfectly correct, it would provide an advantage to some people over others. They may feel it’s better to tell nobody, so everyone just has to guess at the optimal way to prepare. Some will guess right, other’s won’t, but at least the devs won’t be responsible for providing an unfair advantage.

And, admittedly, the optimal outcome for the devs is probably for nobody to prepare correctly, so as to avoid advantaging players who started before the catchup disproportionately over those who start afterwards. It’s reasonable for people who start earlier to be ahead of those who start later, but starting a month earlier should only give you a month’s worth of advantage, not several months to a year. That’s a problem with any change that shifts the in-game economy down.

2 Likes

Save your glory for when the cheaper catch up multiple troops a week start.
Save your gems and keys until most of the new stuff has been added.

There really hasnt been a big furore over the delays. The game has felt stagnant for 2-3 months and people are eager for the update. I dont see anyone being a turd about it.

Pretty sure Sirrian and the rest of the devs are level headed enough to understand the niggling frustration and are likely more eager than we are for the update to hit.

People accept that delays happen and it is out of their control. A little information on how the catch up will work, whenever it should start, is all that is requested. That is because we are now 72 troops behind; meaning we may need 120ish troops in 12 weeks. I doubt people would even mind if it was extended into 2017.

1 Like

Well, we need at least the next patch for catch up to start. And we will receive multiple discounted glory packs a week. How many and how much and if the packs will include keys and gold we don’t know. But that really doesn’t matter, what does is saving glory.
Common and rare troops will probably just be dumped in chests, no issue there since guild update patch gives out cheap keys.

I dont mind if they dump them all in chests to be honest. I would just like an opportunity to gain arcanes for the few most popular characters; we all know who they are

2 Likes

I agree. Y’all deserve a little more details on how things will go down beyond just, “Trust us, we know what we’re doing.”

3 Likes

Indeed. Just a slight elaboration on how it will pan out would be nice; info such as which troops we can expect to be in glory packs and their cost etc.

I have actually thought about it and I dont mind what way it pans out. I will only spend glory on troops that come with arcanes that I want, spend event keys to pick up specific legendaries and forget everything else. Pick up the other 100 troops randomly with glory keys eventually.

1 Like

My goal is get everything!

2 Likes

I predict by christmas console and pc/mobile will be all using the same version. However i blame the people behind xbox and play station for causing all these delays and not the devs who make the updates. Gotta play it safe though.

3 Likes