CONSOLE: Snakes and Ladders

Yeah, I had a bad run in with Abby when I returned to the game. I foolishly tried to use Event Keys and all my Gems to pull her out of the Event Chest. Never ever again. I spend everything.

Just in case you want to know, here were your odds…

300 vip chests. 51% Chance of Dwarf
500+100 gem+guild chests. 45% Chance of Dwarf
1000 glory chests. 10% Chance of Dwarf

2 Likes

Gards, pharos, jotnar and wulf all cost me a fortune compared to some lucky guildies. It was a 4month period of constantly getting screwed. Almost quit game over it. 50k+ gems gone.

Every other mythic though couldn’t wait to jump into my collection and cost me almost nothing. Multiple copies were dropping with ease. Looks like since I came back to the game and changed guilds that my Luck also came back. 2 ketras & 2 stonehammer cost me almost nothing.

1 Like

It’s the Quimby factor my friend!

2 Likes

Your VIP calculation is off
1-(0.99)^300 = 95.1%

2 Likes

Ha! I dropped an ALL important 9 when typing in up!!! Thanks for the correction.

1 Like

That make no sense i didin’t catch it

If you have a 1% chance to get a mythic in a VIP chest then you have a 99% chance you won’t.

If you open 2 chests, the odds you won’t get one is that 99% squared (.99 * .99) which is 98.01% of being denied. You opening 300 chests mean the odds of you not getting 1 is that 99% ^ 300 which is 4.9% chance you won’t get one or 95.1% chance you will.

I’m other words, you rolled a 1 on your d20 when anything else would have been a win. Saving throw failed. Sorry man.

2 Likes

For each trial (key to open), there is a P=0.01 chance of the event to occur (Mythic acquisition). Therefore, you have a 99% chance to fail, and a 1% chance to succeed at that one key opening.

Assuming you succeeded (1%), it doesn’t matter how many other successes you get after that first opening, you’ve now succeeded.

Assuming you failed (99%), you now have another 1% chance to succed and a 99% chance to fail the second trial.

Therefore, the odds of failing every single trial can be calculated as:
99% x 99% x 99% x 99% … for all trials, and in this case, since there are 300 trials, that means 99% ^ 300, or 0.99^300.

Success is if you didn’t fail every single trial, so it is 1 - (0.99^300), which works out to be 0.951, or 95.1%.

1 Like

Too bad the legendary task are not working with the mythic exclusivity cause we just got plague

Oh the hardship. :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess it’s not a good time to buy lotto ticket lol

Legendary tasks do not adhere to the mythic exclusivity. This exclusivity only applies to chests.

1 Like

Yeah i know salty and it really suck lol

300 is not that many to guarantee one. Another way to think about is if everyone in your Guild opened 300 VIP chests Mythic just like you 1 or 2 would walk away with NO Mythic over the long run. (rounding for illustration)

Yeah and one guildmate got 3 with only 50 vip and i hate him :slight_smile:

3 Likes

But if you pay for it this is very expensive

300 vip chest= 600$ and no guarantee this is ridiculous

1 Like

Your probably right, but I’m not in charge of changing the Mythic drop rate. :wink::grin::sunglasses:. You’ll have to make your case to them. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: