CONSOLE: No One Expects

Could you please let us know when we’ll be getting Gard’s Avatar?

@Nimhain

1 Like

Gard’s Avatar should be one of the next ones to release.

We don’t want to announce anything just yet in case there is an unforseen issue that prevents his release.

3 Likes

Oh no @Nimhain changed her avatar, i must say i prefer your previous one

1 Like

Right ok. Cheers.

1 Like

I would love to hear more of your experience with the Console AI when you have the time sir. :slight_smile:

Well this won’t be news to console players who are used to it being the norm… but to me it’s feels odd, and my suspicion is the RNG has been improved to make the game more exciting… Maybe it’s recall bias, but I play the game for hours a day, on both platforms (or technically, watch the PS4 version as kids play, while playing on my iPad) - and they do feel like different games.

Two bits:

• AI - clearly more stupid, regularly ignores skulls or 4 matches, or screws up a 5 match by taking it as a 4 instead - doesn’t cast its spells for ages… Unsure how much of this is down to (1) our low level (I know the AI is dumbed down to make the game easier for new players, until level 50+ I think, on the iOS version) and (2) changes to the recent defence control interface on console (may explain pvp team AI not taking skulls at least)

• RNG - yep, feels weird. Way more long “random” cascades. AI getting a skull match drop in from the top, or getting 5 of a colour drop in together. Yes it happens on the iOS game, but rarely. On PS4 it seems to be a regular occurrence - at least twice every PvP match. Makes me start to sympathise with some of the early conspiracy theories from console players here (if not with the arrogant provocateur jerks that were posting them, good riddance)

1 Like

I did lot of testing and im not really sure the ai customisation is really working. If you let the default setting, the AI will also priorise casting before skull. yeah the AI react differently then the prior update but these change are made by the dev and imo this is a mistake cause we can’t be 100% sure the setiing we are customising are really doing what we want them to do, or if it was just the dev setting

Is there any news available for people on console concerning the next mythic or Blackhawk release? Even some kind of estimate?

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised to see new kingdom on the next reset (crossing fingers)

1 Like

…a sunday reset.

2 Likes

After deciding to participate in the race to the top of the pvp ranking. I am so done with this game.

3 Likes

Thank you to remind me the week event name but my comment was precisely because of it so…

2 Likes