Yeah, and I’ve had all the stones saved for weeks and I didn’t get the bastard either! Lol

I’ve spend all resources I 've accumulated the last 3 months and I didn’t get it either. I also miss the Queen Isabel from event chests.

I’m VIP 11 but I’m wondering why I’ve spend so much in this game and still can’t get the only mythic I wanted.

I know you don’t need mythic to play the game, but then what’s the point to collect troops. Play the game one week, and then pass to something else. Really disappointed.

1 Like

Sometimes RNGesus giveth, and sometimes he taketh away…

1 Like

Lol, I’m sorry

I’m almost rank 800, vip 5 and only have one mythic, abynissia, whom I received from a guild chest. Gard’s was the only one I wanted and if I don’t get him in the next ten vip keys, I’ll be screwed. However, mythics aren’t the be all and end all of this game. They are hideously expensive to trait up and some aren’t particularly great anyway. I still don’t even have emporer korvash, despite opening almost 150 vip keys too.

I got 5 copies of Death before I got Khorvash mythic and 3 copies of Famine. Act accordingly.

Out of curiosity anyone know what the odds on that gards pull I made from a glory chest?

It’s somewhere around a 1% chance to get a Legendary from a Glory Chest and there are around 37 unique Legendaries. So it’s .01*(1/37) = .027% chance to pull a single, specific legendary. That’s roughly 1 in 4,000 chests. It’s possible the drop rate is worse though, so it could be as much as like 1 in 7,500 chests.

Except that was a mythic, not a legendary. Also, it’s an exclusive week for Gard on console, so it doesn’t matter how many of them were available.

I thought the odds were something like 1 in 10,000 to pull a mythic from a glory chest. Since he opened 100, that would be 100/10,000, or about 1% (assuming my 1 in 10,000 is right in the first place).

Clearly I didn’t read the original post, or realize we were in a console thread. You are correct sir! (Or close enough anyway since it’s not exactly 100/10,000.)

[pedantic]

Except that probability doesn’t work like that. Assuming p=.0001 as you did, with n=100, probability of one or more successful events is:

f(p, n) = 1 - ((1-p)^n) ~= 0.00995067

So a little less than 1%. For such a small number of trials, this is close to the estimate of 1%, but as n increases, the estimate will diverge quickly.

[/pedantic]

4 Likes

Thanks. I’ve done graduate level stats courses, but thought the .0001 rounding error would be acceptable to the plebes here. Especially since the 1/10000 is not known with any certainty. It might be half or double that for all we know.

Oh sure, NOW you add the [pedantic] tags…

1 Like

I was that annoying girl in class who always had her hand up. Old habits die hard?

5 Likes

I’m regularly amazed how non-pleb the community is here.

2 Likes

I think we were probably sitting beside each other, saying “pick me, pick me!”

2 Likes

Hah, thanks guys for the math! Makes me feel even luckier!

Good for you all. I was that kid in the back of the class sleeping any time numbers were brought up.

We do have some highly talented individuals here though. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Took me roughly 900 glory keys to get the first one
and 50 vip keys to get the second one

2 Likes

Running out of time now… Will probably only have 200 gems before he’s gone, vip been dreadful for me but so have gem chests. Not sure what I’ll do as my mythic drop rate is horrendous. Almost level 800 and one mythic from guild chests. I’m really disappointed because gards was the only one I really wanted.