Console need patch for gw changes?

You know not all changes require a client update, right? They can change stuff that lives on servers.

Thanks for reassuring me😀. As an FYI, The root problem I spoke about is troop balance… (and not just exclusively Justice). I’m hoping you guys can implement something that can address balancing issues quickly in the future. For the happiness of everyone.

@Strat Are you shading me by calling me Saltypeppers? Because I have to say that is a great nickname and I’m not mad about it.

As Nim said, we are discussing a variety of suggestions and options.

5 Likes

Ha, no its because I can’t type a single sentence without making mistakes!:grinning: Feel free to use it wherever you like. :slightly_smiling_face:

I definitely will. (Also I never said it would be moving to once a month? I’m confused?)

I can’t type, spell, or use gramer😉. But I have an knack for reading something once and remember it, here you go:

I said it might change, not that it would change. That’s why I was confused, your comments earlier made it seem like I had jumped in somewhere and was all “GUILD WARS WILL BE ONCE A MONTH I AM DRUNK WITH POWER.” :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

@Nimhain

Answer this one simple question that you keep avoiding. What can you change on console gw without a patch.

If any changes occur in the next two weeks they will be server side fixes which mean they will affect both console and PC/Mobile.

And what is possible to change server side?

Because I don’t think you can make significant changes to the console gw without a patch, therefore no reason to cancel console gw because it won’t be changed in 2 weeks when it comes back.

1 Like

We can change a lot of things server side.

2 Likes

If you and @Nimhain tell us console players what can be adjusted server side, we can concentrate the change discussion on what doesn’t require a patch.

1 Like

We will not be disclosing the list of things we can change server side at this time. We are currently focussing on doing what we can. When we are ready to announce anything I will make an appropriate thread and update the others.

2 Likes

You should be focused on server side suggestion changes for gw. Which you cant be if we don’t know what can be changed without a patch.

We will be making further changes after any server side changes, so no suggestions are a waste of time. We appreciate all of them.

But since console isn’t getting a patch before gw comes back, let’s stay focused on what we can change now and not with a patch.

But I’m done, you keep talking in circles and probably don’t have the answers I want.

But since console isn’t getting a patch before gw comes back, let’s stay focused on what we can change now and not with a patch.
But I’m done, you keep talking in circles and probably don’t have the answers I want.

You’re missing the point. They will do whatever it takes to fix guild wars. Adding criteria like not needing a patch could prevent the core issues from being fixed and making the pause all for naught. They are committed to getting it right regardless of the resources involved.

1 Like

Blah blah, you’ve no background information or idea. Don’t barge into a topic like you know what you’re talking about when you dont.

Your argument makes zero sense. They’ve requested that people give them ideas. They will then go through them and figure out what makes sense, what can be done server-side, and what can be done client-side, and will then prioritize accordingly.

That’s the right way to do it. It’s ridiculous to ask them to give a list of everything that could possibly be done server-side. That’s why people are contributing ideas; they want to hear what people think would make it better, not create a forced-choice that players may not like or that would stifle creativity.

4 Likes

This applies here too

2 Likes