Console: Guild War Tips

Hi everyone, we going to do our first Guild War on console this week and i was wondering if some people on pc/mobile got some tips or advice for us before we start.

I see lot of complain about devour and Death mark but is there anything else we should know?

1- Check each day that your defense teams are set. They tend to disappear.

2- If you have obtained a Famine or two make sure to have them in your defense teams on all days in the GW

3-The color bonuses can be significant. Try to use a team with all four troops of the days’ color. Depending on the levels of your statues, it can triple your score.

4- Also, troops that can summon other troops or that bring something out when they die are useful since you also get a bonus for the number of troops you have alive at the end of the match. Someone like Kerberos that can bring out Wargs when an enemy gets killed can be useful to fill an empty slot at the very end of the match to get that bonus.

5- if you want to practice before doing the real battle, you can scout enemy defense team and set them as your defense team in regular pvp then try different team and see what work better for you

6- if you need help with mono color team there is a link with some suggestions. Mono Color Team Help

7- there is a sheet to help you calculate points https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hvL6AijrIk4B2HHAh0A9yh3J7jVHlN2DV54fINvRkV8/edit#gid=934207922

8- this is a link for Guild Wars FAQ Guild Wars - FAQ

9- Don’t stress. No-one can get full points every day of every week, even with a full collection. Lower level players or those with a smaller collection should feel free to use an existing strong PvP team with 2 or 3 of the day’s colours. Some days are really hard unless you have specific mythics.

10- By the same token, do consider how to make changes to your meta invade team to increase points. Why not add an empowered troop of the day’s colour at the front of your team? E.g. you normally use Krystenax, sylvanimora, TDS, Shadow Dragon. On red day use, scale guard, krystenax, TDS and emperina. The core of the team is the TDS and nax tag-team which can still be played unimpeded.

11- Those using all-colour teams will find that battles take a lot longer. Your teams are much less efficient. This requires you to rethink the usefulness of some traits and spells. Troops that were previously too slow to be of much use are suddenly awesome. Abynissia’s third trait is a great example of this. As are arcane, frenzy, many heal/cleanse spells/traits etc.

9 Likes

Check each day that your defense teams are set. They tend to disappear.

4 Likes

Ty this is exactly the kind of tips and advice i was looking for

2 Likes

If you have obtained a Famine or two make sure to have them in your defense teams on all days in the GW. You will mostly be up against Famine, FG/Kerberos and DM/DK teams.

4 Likes

The color bonuses can be significant. Try to use a team with all four troops of the days’ color. Depending on the levels of your statues, it can double your score.

Also, troops that can summon other troops or that bring something out when they die are useful since you also get a bonus for the number of troops you have alive at the end of the match. Someone like Kerberos that can bring out Wargs when an enemy gets killed can be useful to fill an empty slot at the very end of the match to get that bonus.

2 Likes

:joy: talking about meta in action

but you summed it up pretty well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A few common questions can be found here. As far as I’m aware (which isn’t very far really…) the answers shouldn’t be any different on console.

4 Likes

Hmmm, I joined a guild today before the weekly reset. Will I be able to participate in this weeks guild wars or is it the same as the PC situation??
@Nimhain @Alpheon

1 Like

Hey guys a got a couple questions

1- is it true i can make all 30 battles on tuesday?

2- if so , isn’t better to make 5 battles every day? Since we get daily and weekly rewards?

No. You can do 5 battles per day. However if you want you can do all the battles on Sunday day. You can play past battles but not future ones.

Ok thanks but the past fight don’t count for the daily rewards?

Correct. Daily rewards are an incentive to do them that day.

1 Like

Just to clarify on #1: you get 5 battles per day, starting with Tuesday. You can do the battles the day you get them (ideally you should, since those count for the guild’s daily win) or any other day until the end of the war. So on Tuesday, you can do 5 battles. If you don’t do them, you’ll have 10 battles to do on Wednesday. 20 on Thursday and so on until Sunday, when you can do all 30 battles if you haven’t done them yet. Once the day ends on Sunday, a new week starts and any battles you haven’t fought yet are gone.

To add another tip: don’t retreat and don’t skip your battles. If you lose a match, you still get some points (very few, but you never know when they’ll make a difference). If you retreat or don’t fight at all, then you get no points. A few points is still better than no points.

You can get a maximum of 50% bonus per troop of the right colour. So actually, using all 4 troops of the day’s colour can get you tripple the score.

I forget who, but somebody somewhere made a good doc showing the scores you can get depending on number of day’s colour troops and surviving troops: google doc

1 Like

I thought I remembered reading that there were different defence teams for different days, but I can’t find a way to alter anything other than my regular PVP defence team. Am I missing something, or did I misunderstand, or are things different on console?

On PC/mobile, you need to click on each flag on the right of the name of each opponent to set a team for each day. Is the screen different on console?

1 Like

I started a thread where i shared my mono-color teams that may be helpful since others have shared as well

1 Like

I’m away from my console at the moment - that may be it. I don’t remember seeing the defence buttons on the right, but my memory is not 100% reliable. I’ll check later today if someone else doesn’t chime in to confirm.

same screen I did it already

2 Likes

Big Thank you everyone for your tips

Does anyone want to share any thoughts on how much benefit there is to putting different defence teams on different days? It sounds like a lot of people are just putting up the most brutal defence they can manage (some combination of famine, deathknight, kerberos, spirit fox, etc.), but is anyone having some success with teams that are built to combat the daily colour? I.e., using Amira to defend against blue, Desdaemona or Spirit Fox against yellow, etc.