CONSOLE: Dead Men Tell No Tales

To change it they would have to consider how it would change the PC/Mobile economy as well, since they’re aiming to have all platforms essentially the same eventually, and the removal of the keys was to help achieve this.

So if they DID put them back in, they would have to do it for PC/Mobile as well.

3 Likes

That’s not a problem though, surely folks have similar problems with the amount of event keys we have? Perhaps they should give more out with the green tasks, maps are a complete waste of time as you get plenty via cascades anyway, especially if you use looping troops or guardians.

Have fun getting more copies of Little Johnny Bronze! It took me waaaay too much event keys back in the day to get that :bell: piece to mythic.

Act accordingly…

1 Like

Down to the last 150 green keys so I’m going to be leaving the bugger a couple off mythic for now. Treasure snotstones will get him but that’s a grind I won’t have time for I don’t think.

1 Like

opened 70 event chests 0 captain skullbeard 0 Johnny bronze. 25 mimic and lots of Sharkey did get the last Kraken I needed to mythic. But the odds on the other 2 are garbage

1 Like

I do not agree with that straw man argument. They simply pulled the Keys from the packs too soon.

Event Keys were specifically included in the Glory packs on purpose to help players with the accelerated pace of the console environment. There were not a mistake that needed “correcting” to match PC/Mobile. Console is still not caught up, hence they removed the them soon. They don’t have to add them to PC/Mobile.

When everything matches PC/Mobile and we finally are in sync, then have The Glory packs match PC.

2 Likes

Well you can get a copy of him if you do treasure hunt and get 100 points :slight_smile:

1 Like

3 Copies!

10 char

1 Like

And while I would like Console and mobile to be on the same update version, in sync with troops and what-not, I also don’t think they SHOULD be exactly the same. As @Strat mentioned, they are 2 different environments. It should be taken into consideration that console players must (for the most part) be glued to their seats at their homes to play the game, severely limiting their access and potential playtime over their mobile counterparts, who can whip their phones out of their pockets or open up a laptop any time they want to log in time/resources to get what they need.

Having event keys in glory packs really helped with this monotonous time crunch and I feel was a slight nod that while the 2 versions of the game should be similar, acknowledged that there were distinct differences in play style.

If everything is on par, 1:1 between console and mobile, then really, mobile just has a distinct leg up. If that’s the case, make something where I can submit to have my account transferred to mobile version. I understand they work on different servers, but if the only difference between the two is that one I can play anywhere, and the other I have to be stuck on my couch, then create a system where you can take a “screenshot” of my account, delete it from the console servers, and then create an identical clone to it on mobile so that I may continue there.

4 Likes

Since we’re getting guildsealpoints when reaching 60 turns in TH, maybe they should also give us an arcane traitstone when reaching turn 60. That will motivate me to do TH.

1 Like

I used 10 keys and 3 of them were knight coronet, that’s ridiculous and indeed a waste of our precious keys. At least give us troops from the event and/or more keys since more and more troops are added.

3 Likes

While that would be awesome, it doesn’t balance with the rest of the game. Generally speaking (seems to take longer for me, however) it takes about 30-40 minutes of playing explore to get an arcane. Likewise, I can get to turn 60 in treasure hunt in less than 10 minutes. For a guaranteed arcane? Why the hell would I do anything else! lol.

However, perhaps a much higher threshold, say 100 turns, or 120, and then you have a 50/50 shot at a random arcane… that may incentivize me…

1 Like

How about more seals when hitting higher number of turns. 120 = 40 seals and so on.

2 Likes

The blackhawk event has been helpful, managed to mythic kracken within 30 keys and lil johnny bronze is now a mythic with the reward of him in the event challenge :slight_smile:

Some fantastic points here, really good stuff. I hope salty is going to show Sirrian because they dropped a massive bollock with this one imo.
I’m pretty pissed off about it tbh. I think I’ve had over 3k souls from disenchanting extra copies of mimic alone. The point raised regarding the playing of the game on mobile devices is spot on. The game is the same but the circumstances couldn’t be any more different.
Best post I’ve read here in a while.

1 Like

Is it me or Skullbeard doesn’t work as intended? I mean he create skull but when 3 or 4 skulls connect, it doesn’t use it and only explode.

I thought it would use the skull then explode

It works that way on PC/Mobile as well. The skulls are not matched before the explosions. As far as I’m aware no other troops match their created gems until after their whole spell is completed, so I’m going to guess it’s intended?

Fair enough, I don’t disagree with that. I’m not sure how easy it would be for them to change it back (ie would it need a client update or not), but it could have definitely waited till the sync was a lot closer.

1 Like

I don’t think its going to happen. The issue isn’t technical at all, Its legal. If 2 companies sell the same gizmo you can not typically take a purchase from one store to its competitor and expect anything.

The best hope for you is if the Gems publisher decides it likes money and works to expand its market even further to UMP & Play Anywhere (same store X1/Windows). Perhaps after they finish migrating both PC and mobile over to Unity? Still probably low odds.

Just love the story!! Too much fun😃