CONSOLE: An Update on the Update!

Not sure how it work, but i think when the update is approved the dev got last word to release it and will probably hold until playstation is also approved

I don’t like your tone towards my dear murderous puppy-face. He is Kristaria’s Batman. :stuck_out_tongue:
If you don’t know what i’m about you will when you see his backstory. :wink:

For those that don’t appreciate QA, there was once a bug on a Sega demo disk for Playstation in the official Playstation magazine. The bug wiped out all the save files on the memory card.

Another time there was an overflow bug where a custom save file could be created that allowed pirated games to be played.

2 Likes

Thanks @Andrew for keeping everyone updated in my absence!
I just got some reliable internet in my hotel in LA, where I am holed up, waiting for my flight home, so can reply at last.

To expand on Andrew’s news a little (because you’ll all discover this when the update goes live), the feature that held us up was redeem codes… Sony have asked us to remove them from the PS4 version of the game, which makes me sad because we love jumping online and handing them out :cry:

8 Likes

Ah, boo :stuck_out_tongue: That seems like a dumb reason to reject an entire build.

As long as we don’t get global chat, or people getting troops announcements, we’re square.

Wait, why would sony be upset about redeem codes?

This.

Ugh… This makes me feel a bit of regret over my decision to buy a PS4.

But, I bought it for the Disgaea Series, which is almost entirely PS2-PS4 exclusive.

1 Like

Alright thanks for that.

So Xbox will still have redeem codes? Also, what are the redeem codes for?

It let’s them tweet redeem codes that you can enter for free loot. Pc has it.

1 Like

pc players love themselves a nice juicy working redeem code.

I need to ask this. What the BUCK is the point of Sony returning your patch to sender for something as innocuous as a redeem code system?! Does Sony hate free game publicity or something? What the hay is the problem with redeem codes?

1 Like

all redeem codes must be done through psn store

1 Like

@Sirrian
Thanks, can I assume that even though you are seeking platform parity you will keep Redeem codes in the Xbox version and PC/Mobile versions.

Sounds just like Sony’s ‘gamers first policy’ when then blocked EA Access on PSN as not being “a good value for gamers” when in fact for $30 its one of the best currently available. Free items for Gems players must also be “bad value for gamers” who would have known…

Hopefully they still pass out Xbox users redeem codes. It’s a great thing on pc.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update! Disappointed as a PS4 player but thanks for continuing to try and get us great features.

Assuming the patch drops this week, on XB1 I have hit rank 1 on the star system of PVP for the last time.

Would be nice but might be only a bug

3 Likes