CONSOLE: An Update on the Update!

Will there be a change in VIP chests in 2.01? Currently it’s 50 gems/chest and a change on event kingdom legendary/epic troops or two random arcane stones. I’ve read that it’s currently different in PC. Will the VIP chests change to be like in PC in 2.01?

1 Like

Does anyone know if this is true?

They always wait for Apple to approve a build before releasing it on Google/PC (where there are no reviews).

The rule is this : NO buying things on platform A, and then enjoying them on Playstation or Xbox.

Since mobile/PC players can buy things like gems, Microsoft and Sony would never let those accounts migrate over.

The technical hurdles for things like true cross-platform play, or PC/console play, are falling. But in terms of money things, the walls between ecosystems are still very much in place. Microsoft wants to be able to put gems on sale sometimes - and Sony doesn’t want people suddenly moving to Xbox to buy things at reduced price, and then come back to the Playstation. Same holds true in every other direction. If you integrate the economies, a sale one place becomes a sale everywhere, and folks lose control of their internal profits.

6 Likes

Would only allowing friendly matches cross-platform be allowable, since there’s no rewards earned in that type of match, thereby not giving people any benefit for purchases made on another system?

You can allow PvP to be cross-platform. Games are already doing that (e.g., Rocket League). I assume the problem with Gems is that the platforms are on different servers so it would take a bunch of work to keep them segregated except in PvP.

If its only Sony causing the delay, why not proceed with XB1?

besides rocket league there will be soon another card game, gwent, which already promotes itself as being cross-platform.

Cross platform opponents? The opponents aren’t really playing since the ai controls it, and the opponent is really just a bit of data living on non ms or Sony servers.

Are you going to fix the hero class problem with these updates? Its really anoying not to be able to choose the right active class…

3 Likes

Can we get an update to the update for the update?

2 Likes

At this stage I would say it is wait and see with regards a release date. Be nice to know what the plan is once it does release though

Ty good job

Both are paid titles though, so it’s much easier to do cross-platform.

So, if I read it right there is only a problem getting the update for Sony. Does this mean the Microsoft update is waiting for Sony to pass update so they can be released at same time?

I think both version got privacy issue

Yes both versions have to wait and I bet the same privacy issue is a concern with Microsoft. Sony just responded first

Both replied same time about privacy issues. Sony was the only one that since replied that they were waiting a week before starting review process again

1 Like

Oh you were there? My bad :rolling_eyes:

Sounds like it is time to cut Sony loose and link Xbox via Play Anywhere :+1:

3 Likes