CONSOLE: An Update on the Update!

Now the big question is 2016 or 2017?

Hi Sirrian,

There has been some discussion elsewhere about whether you are out of troops to release on console: The (Un)Official Console Weekly Event Thread 3 (No further updates) - #66 by Stan

Can you confirm that there will still be troops available for glory in the next week or two even if the update is not released?

Thanks!

They will probably ninja style couple troops

I guess we will not be hearing any new news until Monday Australian time now, but possibly also posting this so I can be proved wrong by the devs :sunglasses:

We’ve got a troop lined up for next week.
If the hold-ups continue after that we may need to revisit some older troops, but we’ll try to do it in a fun and interesting way.

Unfortunately it’s not as simple as removing chat, since it’s required for Guild Chat, and that is something many guilds use to communicate and organize their members.
Even if we DID revert it, and revert the entire Guild change coming in this update, the current system on console also fails their current privacy requirements, so that would be flagged and failed too.

We’re pretty confident we’ve addressed everything in the current version, PS4 is approved already, and we’ll know more shortly about Xbox.

4 Likes

Thank god we can still have global chat. That is the main-line for everyone to find guilds and masters to find and recruit members. I see on forums that if you are not in the top 3 guilds (console) it’s extremely hard to recruit members.

@Sirrian Thank you for your hard work and the Dev team for getting this issue resolved or close to finally getting update to pass their strict guidelines. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Hadleigh from our console team has described the console certification process as this:

10 Likes

@Sirrian, Thanks for the update on the update :smile: and we will be more patient now, we promise :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the update! When you say PS4 is already approved, are you referring to the guild update content? That makes it sound like we could get the update literally any time… But, the post also mentions a troop for next week and plans for weeks after that, which does NOT sound good at all.

I understand everyone is eager for new troops and other features, but as we all know rewards are going to be significantly nerfed when the update comes out for anyone in a decent guild. I, for one, am okay with the persistent delays. Allows me to build an even bigger pool of keys and gems than if the update came out when it was supposed to.

Almost certain they won’t release one console’s update without the other being approved…don’t hold your breath.

I assume references to future troops are a “just in case” scenario if MS keeps denying approvals.

What do you mean by this?

As in the amount of gold you need to donate as a guild in proportion to the amount of rewards you will receive is going to significantly go up after the update. You can read up about it in the PC/mobile update threads.

While it is unlikely, I do hope that they release the PS4 version now that it is approved, because:

• No more bugged teams like Miststalkers or in the Drifting Sands Explore, the Marid-Tyri combo.
  • Guardians! And also, I have the “Battle with 3 constructs” task again, which is a bit silly as we only have 4 constructs at the moment
  • Guild bonusses!

But really, the first one is a really annoying bug that crashes the game…

Plus finally getting the correct magic bonuses etc with purple weapons when using hero class. And the buff to stats, and creeping death now not needing two turns to possibly activate. Yup, really hoping it drops this week still.

managed to find someone selling ice cream in Adana, enjoying

2 Likes

@Xbox_guy
Everyone repeats this like the it a religious text, BUT it is only true for the very, very top guild players. But the top guild players are a significant portion of the forum community so perception is skewed. Keep in mind, Its true for them. The overwhelming majority of players will recive a buff to the rewards.

Bottom 60% = 2,300-3,500 BUFF
Middle 39% = 125-500% BUFF
Top 1% -23% NERF

1 Like

Yeah, no kidding I mentioned that one over a month ago. But it sounded like they were not going to change it, Nor add the majority to troop types. Eventually in the future they were going to put in an automated troop type task. So were still stuck with the 3-4 types Mr. Strange “cherry picked” over the majority of troops for a significant period longer.

PS: (4 Construct Troops) You being too generous counting Fortress Gate as a troop! :grinning:

EDIT: This 15 construct wins just came up for me again yesterday and I had to trun the game off. I usually complete the Tasks most days. I got it done, but its awful…

Just use a black beast and eat all the other constructs.

I tried that composition, BB + 3 Constructs: WAY TOO SLOW of a team for me.

Lately I’ve been using an Siren in the second slot

1 Like