CONSOLE: An Update on the Update!

boops topic

nuzzles random forum user

5 Likes

Yo, did not know you um,would do that. Give me a little warning first. bump, any updates, bump.

Hoping the patch is this week, we won’t know because it is in Sony MS hands now. It’s also real busy for them with all the new Xmas games needing zero day patches.

And I think we might be out of new troops until we get a new patch. Think there’s only one troop plus imps left.

cuddles Herdmaster plushie

1 Like

Winter imp is in chest fyi

4 Likes

Yup, one of our guild got him today

1 Like

Glory chest?

Yes I think so.

Hey All,

Quick update… we’re almost there, but Micrsosoft in particular keep finding random privacy issues with our chat… some of them are REALLY minor (such as issues interacting with a blocked user who happens to be in your guild), but the nature of releasing on console means we need to address them all!

4 Likes

Hi sirrian does it mean you need to fix then submit again?

Thanks so much for the info, can you give us any idea how much longer it looks like before we get the update?

Let me guess, the update will be here next week or two right?

Can we just skip chat this patch?
Maybe at a later date when we are content caught up release a chat only patch because I have a feeling they will keep finding minor privacy issues for a while.

2 Likes

@Sirrian
Umm… it seems to me that both companies (especially MSFT) are taking this privacy issue REALLY serious. As your update has already been “flagged” repeatedly with chat concerns please just keep it disabled push though the content update!

Then over XMas if you guys can keep submitting “chat” functionality every other week or so till it get approved.

2 Likes

Yeah if nothing else we have clubs on Xbox and PS4 that people can gather to chat about GoW. So we have an outside chat. Just to push through.

Like a turd after heavy cheese consumption.

1 Like

@Sirrian
@Alpheon
And also to any other console developer…

FORGET ABOUT THE CHAT! It’s clearly never going to go through because either Sony or Microsoft are going to keep having SOME issue with it, no matter how microscopically miniscule, causing more and more patch delays. For consoles, it’s almost physically impossible to have everything. We’re getting the guild system rework, the guild chests, the legendary tasks, and even, for consoles only, AI configuration for defense. I’d be happy with just those things, on top of any troops that come with the new patch(Gotta collect 'em all!) and the meta changes that result from such inclusions. Chat on consoles is a pipe dream when the consoles THEMSELVES have a capability to chat with other people.

3 Likes

So, I think we are agreed so far, not really any need to add a “chat” function on consoles simply because it exists on the older formats. We have other means of communicating which work well enough. Not in any great rush to get the update for certain reasons but holding us back is making console players lose motivation to carry on playing.

4 Likes

Listen to us please, Sirrian. The majority of console players on this forum don’t want a global chat feature, just new troops to play with and the custom AI feature. We’ve already got ways to speak to each other over console and these are the people that matter the most-our guild.

If EVERYTHING is fine in the guild update APART from global chat, just drop said chat feature and give us it later on down the line please! That seems the most logical thing to do here since we currently need new content and bug fixes.

4 Likes

chases a Snow Sprite

1 Like