CONSOLE: An Update on the Update!

Sirrian also noted that the delay may be due to Sony being busy certifying AAA titles

Can i get an update to the update about the update for the update for the update please? aka are you confused yet?

1 Like

My eyes are all derpy now… :confused:

Yo dawg! I heard you like updates?!

Same here. I am expecting next week and the week after next week or I am done for all the waitings. Sigh…

Unfortunately we suffered a few more issues with the patch. We now have approval from Microsoft, however Sony raised a new issue with one of our features in the 2.0 patch. Frustratingly this wasn’t raised before, so when we we sent out the new builds we were totally unaware they would fail us for it. Now it means we must do a new build for them and re-submit it.

We are trying everything to get it pushed through their QA asap. At this stage it looks like it will be either later this week or early next week for release.

I think the scope of new features in this patch has worked against us to some extent. There are so many new features in this patch, the testers of Sony/Microsoft probably don’t pick it up all at once. We sincerely apologise about the delays and in the future will plan our updates with these long approval times in mind.

4 Likes

How long we looking at

You guys are doing YOUR job, most players aren’t mad with you at all. Thanks for the update!

Most testers I bet read off a checklist of common issues and never think to try new things. Big reason why they never become anything more than testers.

Hopefully within a week, barring further Sony delays.

1 Like

Thanks for keeping us updated. I’m not that worried about the delay, it’ll be out when it’s out. It’s annoying but it’s not a massive issue in the grand scheme of things.

Morning Andrew, bad news from Sony again… it is time to put old yeller down :thumbsup:

Should we expect the catch up to slip into 2017 now?

@Stan
Great news, update is here tomorrow. Read above from Devs!

2 Likes

No its the day after tomorrow

Is there a reason why us on Xbox can’t get the update while the PS4 users have to wait for the re-build?

To keep the weekly troop events in sync I guess

I guess - but they could still release Wild Fang this week on both. Sure, it would be a lackluster event, but better than not having the update.

I just want to chip in and say “thanks” to the devs for the updates; even when things go wrong, it’s nice to be in the loop.

More so, I really love that you’re giving us a peek behind the curtain of the certification process. I had never considered the process outside of “WTF IS TAKING SO LONG?!” and you’ve given me a new appreciation for the guys at Live.

2 Likes

I am not mad at the devs who have worked really hard to get this patch out, i am pissed at sony and microsoft for not taking the patch already. Keep up the good work devs.

2 Likes

Well look like i will be able to play mafia 3 and gears of war 4 before the patch Is release :slight_smile:

So Microsoft has approved it. Does that mean Xbox One will get it this week?