CONSOLE: A New Mythic Approaches - Jotnar Stormshield

Originally published at: CONSOLE: A New Mythic Approaches – Jotnar Stormshield – Gems of War
Fee Fie Fo Fum, I smell the blood of a new Mythic Troop!

New Mythic Troop: Jotnar Stormshield

Jarl Firemantle may have risen to power in Stormheim almost 2 years ago, stirring up the various Giant Clans, but their true lord and master has always been Jotnar Stormshield.

This mighty lord of the Storm Giants has been absent these past years, collecting lightning from the stormy Fey lands of the far north, but now he is returned, it said that he is untouchable, protected by spells and enchantments of ancient Fey lightning that only he can command.

Jotnar Stormshield will be the only Mythic Troop available from Glory, Gem, Guild & VIP chests for the next 7 days.

Please note this Troop is currently only available in chests for the week on PS4 and XBox One.

Join the Forum!

2 Likes

Can anyone around here tell me some good teams using Jotnar?

Believe there has been some decent discussion on this when he was released for mobile. Just search the forums and i’m sure you’ll find it.

I use the following for my Jotnar team:

Stone Giant (Rock Troll is also good)
Jarl Firemantle
Jotnar Storm Shield
Sea Troll

1 Like

Trust me, he is not worth it.

Wow finaly luck is back with me only cost me 50 vip chests

Was about time, i didint catch new mythic since guard been release

2 Likes

Got mine out of the VIP Chest too.

Tried 200 Gems Keys, Nothing. Then 2,500 Glory Keys, Nothing. I decided to go with the VIP Chest, and on first batch of 50 got him.

1 Like

Never been lucky with gems and glory so i started with vip :slight_smile:

1 Like

500gem keys, 4.5k glory keys and finally dropped after 9k gems on VIP chest. Not as expensive as my gards was but still cost to much.

1 Like

Yeah i agree it is too expensive, do we know if they changed the drop rate since the guild reward nerf?

1 Like

Thought that many times now since Gards release. Mythics were easy to get for my whole guild before gards release.

Lol, no use asking that question though @Rickygervais as I’m sure we would hear the usual response of “We have not changed any Drop rates”

Just saying that cause if they didin’t change it, it should be raised since we getting less ressources

1 Like

Took me the equivalent of 20 k gems to get one.

Used all of my 150 gem keys, 200 glory keys, and even about 1,000 worth of guild seals keys, no Jotnar, :disappointed:

it’ll happen when it happens…

It would have would have been super lucky to get it with that amount of chests. Like flipping a coin and calling “sides” and having it land on its side.

Glory Chest is .05%-.1%. So 1 in 1-2,000. Gem Chest is around 1 in 1-200. As always, that does not mean on your 201st Gem Chest you automatically get a Mythic at all.

1 Like

3k glory keys, 300 gem keys. Got him.

Anyone have a good nickname for Jotnar? My wife and I don’t like saying the name and can’t come up with anything that is suitable. “Suitable” meaning a little goofy but meaningful enough that we know who we’re talking about. Like “Bikini cat” is suitable for Shadow Hunter, or “Cathy” is suitable for Cthyzyryx, or “Karl Jarlsberg” is suitable for that cheese-eating Jarl Firemantle.

Thoughts?

Maybe jesus?

I think TDS acts more like Jesus with the way he keeps rising from the dead…

2 Likes