Console 2.0.5 Known Issues

@Alpheon, @Nimhain, @Sirrian

I’m having the same issue as @Strat.

I had the Xbox One open and was actually playing while the time change occurred (11pm here now, I’m on PST), and once I quit out of the game and reloaded it to refresh the tasks list, it simply did not load.

First time this has happened to me and this was last night/this morning.

Any help in getting this fixed would be really appreciated! I miss my daily tasks.

3 Likes

I’m am convinced this issue is related to the client (console) and a failure to communicate with the servers. That’s why in the past this was a frequent and repeating problem on PS4 months ago yet almost unheard of on Xbox.

The underlying design should be looked at, so when there is a failure to communicate with the servers the console retries again when the game loads.

EDIT: I re-launched the game after a force quit a few times, and did a ‘hard’ power cycle of the console last night. (10 second hold on the power button)

1 Like

Just re installed the game and I still can’t play it.

I can’t even play the game at all.
Submitted a ticket.

Make a support ticket. include your invite code or game name. they are very quick during their business hours.

1 Like

When i got home one hour ago i got the same screen, i tried a couple of times but after it loaded the game it kicks me out

Yeup, told my brother to do the same. They quickly responded as soon as they could. He’s just waiting for them to reply. The matter was forwarded to the developers. :expressionless:

Just tried to log in on my partners account, same error. I’ve booted the PS in safe mode and done a rebuild but I think I know what kind difference that’ll make!

I seriously doubt the problem is related to your personal PS. Save your efforts (reinstalling/etc), or expend them submitting a ticket to 505. In the past when these server issues arose the PS players seem to get hit a bit harder for some unknown reason.

1 Like

Yup, game is unavailable for us today. That’s a bugger!

We’re looking into it everyone. We pushed out some new server code yesterday, so we’ll get that fixed.

Update: Found the issue, we’re working on a fix now. No need to uninstall/reinstall. An issue on our servers.

3 Likes

Thanks alpheon. I am sure that I speak for the vast majority of forum users, (if not all) when I say thank you for your efforts and constant forum presence whilst being an active development member.
Regards
Daniel

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile: Sorry it took so long though, looks like it happened right as we left the office, and didn’t affect everyone. We’ve deployed the fix out now. Everyone who had broken tasks should get a new set for the day.

So, spoilers, there’s a few new tasks coming in the next patch, which caused the issue.

4 Likes

@Alpheon
Looks good, just finished them up. My RNG Task generator LOVES Constructs for some reason. So I can’t wait to see the changes in the Tasks!

1 Like

That used to be my pet peeve as well, but I don’t think I’ve seen a construct task since the last update. Knowing that the dual-type was included and the number of constructs was reduced, I was desperately hoping that they would drop or modify that task (The only options remaining would be Archon Statue, Fortress Gate, Flesh Golem and Golem.) I have only cycled all my tasks 5 or 10 times since the update, so I’m not sure if they actually anticipated the unfairness of a constructs-only task or if I’ve just been lucky not to get one.

We’re still in the process of adjusting the existing tasks. I don’t believe we’ve changed any existing tasks, just added about 5 new tasks to do with explore mode and X troops from kingdom with some adjusted rewards and battle requirements. We’re hoping the new tasks aren’t as laborious as the old ones, so feedback on the new tasks is welcome.

2 Likes

@Alpheon

Ha! That’s one thing you don’t ever have to worry about, ever. I hope your ready, as I’m probably the only 1/2 defender 1/2 critic of Tasks. (Most are 100% in one camp, and I’ll let you guess). :grinning:

2 Likes

Yes I’ve noticed that people are very passionate with their feelings about tasks. :stuck_out_tongue:

Changing the subject, and as a point of curiosity to you and other console players, how are people finding the right stick controls during gem matching?

4 Likes

I like the right stick controls. Don’t use it all the time but I like having it there.

1 Like

I have switched completely to using the right stick control. Prefer it greatly to the other method.