Console 2.0.5 Known Issues

Note that on PC/Mobile, some of the missing troops will show up top and others down at the bottom when sorting by amount and using show all.

@Alpheon Mana burn does not have the tool tip.

1 Like

My fiancee didn’t receive her tier 9 reward, so I added the query to my support email and it was sent via in game mail. Hopefully it’ll be fixed as it is a PITA for players, devs and support staff.

Another poster suggested this might be related to loosing levels via Defense losses while not playing? Do you know if she played for a bit and leveled up multiple times, or was logged off and lost points. Before level 9?

No, I reached tier 9 and she didn’t receive the awards, I carried on playing a few more games but nothing appeared. She’s just completed a task using 3 unique troops from pridelands and nothing, no ten gems popping up and nothing added to the gem total.

The shop/store bundles haven’t showed up for me in days. Are they showing up for others?

In my experience this happens when you are in-game when they switch the shop bundles. Exiting the game and re-opening it has always fixed it for me. Are you making sure you are actually quitting out of the game? Even if you turn off your xbox and turn it back on, your gems of war game will resume unless you manually quit out, or do a “hard reset” (holding the power button for about 7-8 seconds) of your xbox.

Nope, I have tried this and it doesn’t work. Still get the message that the shop is unavailable.

Ugh. Alright well that may be it then. That’s kind of dumb though, thought it stopped that troop from being able to mana match extra turns. So once frozen it only actually “works” like 20% of the time, then?

It’s not 20% of the time - it really depends on context. Frozen is really effective in certain situations and less effective in others. For example, if you are battling a goblin team, the extra turn from their spell doesn’t work for any troop that is frozen, plus any 4 or 5 match on a colour of a troop that is frozen stops extra turns. So any green 4-matches are most likely blocked, but a blue 4-match will almost always work (since no goblins use blue).

If having one frozen troop blocked all 4-matches and extra turns from spells from working, any troop that can freeze would be dramatically overpowered.

What about korvash? He one of the most overpowered troop he remove your traits and also drain your mana and also deal true damages , i bet war sphynx is jealous

I’m not saying Khorvash isn’t overpowered, but they gave him true damage, plus stun, plus mana drain (that’s three useful effects). And he’s a tank. All I was saying is that frozen works as it was intended but it takes some planning and thought to either make it work for you, or to work around if the enemy uses it.

The only answer to Khorvash is to kill him, drain him or silence him before he can cast.

I know bro im just saying some troop are not balanced if you think of it korvash got

1- stone skins
2- stun on 4 matches
3- stun 2 first enemy
4- mana drain 2 first enemy
5- deal true damages

Most of troops only got 1 or 2 effects this is ridiculus in my opinion

2 Likes

Found something today that I can only imagine is a bug and was not intended to function this way.

When you go to “Redeem code” from the store, and enter a code exactly 10 digits, you will get a message saying the code is either already used or invalid. A dialog box comes up with either “Continue” or “Quit.”

If you choose “Quit”, it will actually exit you out of the game back to the main menu. Why on earth would this be an option? This has no useful effect. There’s no reason you would want to exit the game by virtue of entering in an invalid code. If you enter a code with less than 10 digits, you will only have the “Continue” option, which is what should happen with a 10-digit code as well.

I know it is usefull as the troop filter (no type) :slight_smile:

1 Like

We know about this one, and you’re not isolated. Unfortunately this is a PS4 specific bug. We’ve got a fix going out in the next update, sorry for this. :frowning:

@VegaDark541: Haha, yeah that’s an unfortunately side effect of our error system on Xbox. Any error that is returned from our server presents the player with the option to quit the game. It’s intended to function in this capacity, but we can look into making it better so people don’t accidentally quit and have to sit through loading the game up again. Also thank you very much for the video of the bug! That will help us a lot in tracking it down. Just looking at it the first time gives me an idea of what is causing it.

1 Like

Yeah got the same issue inviting a person to guild that had not yet left their previous guild, got the continue quit message and got exited out of the game when pressing quit button

Oh well I just submitted a support ticket before I saw your post, now that I know it’s a known glitch I can relax

I agree with you completely. There was just another theard about this from the other side. Per that poster older Legendary troops are borderline useless. This troop defiantly a PERFECT example of “Power Creep” that tends to arise in every game if the designers aren’t careful. EK is a big culprit.

I’m not sure if that’s generally what I’d want for PC/mobile, but I do wonder about the errors that are like, “This game is out of sync with the servers.” Why (on mobile) does this require me to manually kill the app? This is really poor usability. If the mobile client can detect it’s out of sync, then it should resync/restart itself, or at the very least, close itself. There’s no reason why the player should be saddled with the burden of app management.

@Sirrian, @Nimhain